Anthony B Inna Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony B Inna Problems

possession of marijuana with intent to distribute in Houston County Georgia...it's a wrap for his North American touring career...

Comment

His career somewhat flamed out over the last ten years or so.

http://georgia.arrests.org/Arrests/K...lair_11498944/
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Still makes a killing from touring...Range & Bentley him drive down here enuh....

Comment

Makes a killin'... and still haffi sell likkle weed!!??

Nuff people display "money" with expensive cars and big chain round them neck. But check where wealth counts--- in the bank account and diversified investments and they come up empty.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Anthony B tours year round...at let's say $10 - $15,000 US a show he is not hurting for money...I didn't say he was selling weed...he was charged with possession and intent to distribute as the claim is he had an ounce...anything over an ounce in that jurisdiction they can tack on the intent to distribute...anyway he has been released and all charges dropped...

Comment

$10-15K / show!!! very high estimate (I think).

Well that clears it up! Could not understand why he would want to distribute--when he did not have to put himself in that position...'specially in Amerkah.
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

A year ago you couldn't book Anthony B for less than $17,000 US...in Europe he commands more than that...one of the wealthier Jamaican artists...

Comment

He likely gets about 30% of that, with the other money goes to band members, agent fee, manager etc.
                  Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                    He likely gets about 30% of that, with the other money goes to band members, agent fee, manager etc.
                    Anthony B does not travel outside of the US with a backing band...promoters are responsible for hiring his backing band separate from his booking fee...and booking agent gets 15% max...Anthony B is one of the wealthiest Jamaican artists...

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                      Anthony B tours year round...at let's say $10 - $15,000 US a show he is not hurting for money...I didn't say he was selling weed...he was charged with possession and intent to distribute as the claim is he had an ounce...anything over an ounce in that jurisdiction they can tack on the intent to distribute...anyway he has been released and all charges dropped...
                      10k to 15k per show. Have you ever been in promoting reggae acts in the USA?. Where did you get those figures?.

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                        Agree Horts or less. Unless the promoter is a blind idiot.

Comment

Yes he is in very high demand for good money. He more than likely will get more like what Morgon Heritage gets. He lives in the the States. Late last year he suffered stress and had to be taken off tours for a few months.

He might just be on medical marijuana Just making sure he had enough a the medicine.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

He is correct. Some artist get good money, before the recession and when the drug dealers was also involved bigtime nuff artist use to get a lot more.

In demand Reggae artist can get up to 25 grand if they can full large venue. Anthony B audience is constant and is more like the Califonia, New England and nuff non Jamaicans.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sad to hear. Did some work with Anthony B in the past. He has an organize setup in the states. They were quick to call about the business arrangement and royalties. More Jamaican artist need that kind of setup.

Comment

Working...
                              X