RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's time to get happy and a Jamaican shall lead the way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Count how many times the word Jamaica was mentioned during the period of 90 mins in the Mexico game (even Montego Bay was said) now ask how much it cost them for a one min commercial slot then you and Sass will see my point.

Comment

Ok branding expert, lol.

What you don't seem to realize is that Sandals is not in the business of selling Jamaica, they are in the business of selling the Sandals experience wherever that may be.

The idea that the mention of Jamaica in a CONCACAF football game somehow equates to a Sandals branded ad selling what they offer in all their resorts is a bit naive to put it mildly.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Glad you took the bait. So investing a annual 5 mil from the 70 mil to hear Ja PLUS have Sandals bill board at key points in the Mexico and US game played at the office, is worthless? Yes? Please keep in mind the game lasts for 90 mins. You have to be an expert to see the windfall in that? Common sense would see the boon in commentators from ESPN saying Jamaica, Jamaica and sandals at the corner flag or perpendicular to the half line.

It's okay don't worry VW or the other big names may seize on this.

Comment

BTW notice how Burrell is getting serious ROI by going with Tappa? Gwaan talk man.

Comment

Still getting numerous hits! ...and the spoofs/parodies also getting fair share of hits! ...sorta multiplier effect on 'brand Jamaica'???
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Trying some fancy footwork I see....nice try.

Nobody said advertising during a Reggaeboyz game was worthless. We are dealing with YOUR suggestion that Sandals could have better used their 70 million advertising budget by sponsoring the reggaeboyz for 5 million.

HOW do you know this is a better way for Sandals to spend their money?

Do you have access to a history of their sales and marketing information?

Have you built an international brand based on sponsoring a middle-of-the-road national football team?
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                Trying some fancy footwork I see....nice try.

Nobody said advertising during a Reggaeboyz game was worthless. We are dealing with YOUR suggestion that Sandals could have better used their 70 million advertising budget by sponsoring the reggaeboyz for 5 million.

HOW do you know this is a better way for Sandals to spend their money?

Do you have access to a history of their sales and marketing information?

Have you built an international brand based on sponsoring a middle-of-the-road national football team?
                We do not know if that money could have been better spent...but it would seem to me that one or two of our corporations (Butch Stewart group of companies & GK?) should come on board now...with aim of working with the JFF to improve the quality of the JFF's product (our JFF's national teams...the upside seems 'the sky' as the talent base is there) and lock-in (as far as 'lock-in' goes) what I am 'dead sure' will become a TOP of the World brand.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Mi purposely didn't talk about sandals to lure you in. Boss who says you have to make it loud? Who says your brand must be attached to the Rboyz? The key is to sponsor the team but come game time JFF must ensure that your brands are strategically placed. As I said VW possibly got this already. They have the commercial already made (all they have to do is buy the slot) plus drop something on the local scene. Hey it's the global village; sandals can continue in the traditional way because they have money to burn. Corps. that have to speak and give account to their board move in a different manner.

Now Burrell is a business man. His investment is paying off big time. Smart move captain. Tappa is happy the captain.

Se the science of business eludes many (real business that can't be taught in school). Small wonder you ask about sales and marketing report

Comment

Karl not to worry others in this global village will see the opportunity. VW set the trend.

Comment

How many times in the past 50 years they have a Jamaican related ads on superbowl?

That is just one lucky moment to take advantage of. I don't know if you know Sandals is one of the best on branding with travel agents. Sandals is better at Branding than most in the industry.

And how many times Jamaica play in the final 6. We must wait every four years for that little plug???
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Boss where were you when the net killed travel agencies? It's okay, you are right and I'm wrong.

Comment

What do you know about Sandals marketing?

Hey it's the global village; sandals can continue in the traditional way because they have money to burn.

Any insider can tell you Sandals is one of the best in the travel industry when it comes to marketing.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

WE do not know. That does not mean that THEY do not know.

The point is....if they see it as worth their while to come on board with the reggaeboyz, they will do that. If they don't think it is worth it they will not. They have metrics to determine this. We have NONE.

Second-guessing how they spend their $70 million ad budget without knowing what they know is quite silly. That's all I am saying.

Comment

Again gwaan think so. Many of the travel people turn to the web. When you see travel agents traveling to Ja you think a dead people travelling?

In places like England most people still use travel agents. Unlike America they make plan with people as people book and save with them for their own trips.

Comment

Working...
                              X