RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been to Majesty or Olympic Gardens or Waterhouse lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been to Majesty or Olympic Gardens or Waterhouse lately?

What does the place looks like at night?
    any fires dues to kerosene lamps?
    Any increase in crime rate?
    Any night raid by the police?

JPS removes 2,857 illegal connections in Majesty Gardens

Only three legal customers in the community

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 | 12:40 PM

</DIV>

KINGSTON, Jamaica — A massive anti-theft operation in Majesty Gardens, St Andrew today resulted in the removal of 2,857 illegal connections from the Jamaica Public Service (JPS) network.

According to the JPS only three legal customers were found in the community.

#slideshowtoggler, #slideshowtoggler a, #slideshowtoggler img {filter:none !important;zoom:normal !important}
    1/1

One person was arrested in operation, which was supported by the security forces.
    Two weeks ago the JPS removed almost 2,400 wires from its system in the Olympic and Waterhouse communities in the parish. One person was also arrested in that operation.
    The light and power company says that approximately US$30 million was lost due to electricity theft last year.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz2KA9S6yYM
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

How come dem don't have strength fot HWT Police Station and their illegal connections?

Comment

Who dem gwine use to remove those connections ??? Soldjah ?

Comment

I was in Olympic Gardens a few days ago, conducting some business (what? yes bizniz!), when all of a sudden people started moving around frantically, some running, and the cries of, ">>>>>> man a coooome, >>>>>> man a coooome!" It sounded like a refrain from a folk song.

I couldn't make out the first word or words but when I saw the residents climb onto roofs, or pick up long bamboo sticks and start poking around at electrical connections, I figured out they were saying, "Light man a coooome!"

It reminded me of a Miriam Makeba song, "Khawuleza", a word the residents of the townships would shout when the police passed through to raid the communities. It meant, "Run, don't let the police catch you!"

Have a listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UPebjWyNhI

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
        X