Your Opinion: Most Humorous RBZ Post?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Opinion: Most Humorous RBZ Post?

Every now and then there is a post that is so funny that long after the laughter is finished, the comment still remains in the reader’s mind. In your opinion, which are some of the most memorable funny comments posted on this message board?

For me, two which made me laugh until tears came – literally – were Muadib’s suggestion that in order to help solve the problems in the Gaza Strip in Israel, the Jamaican government should sell the displaced Palestinians a piece of downtown Kingston. (I can’t remember Muadib’s exact words, but I think I got it close here.)

That one had me laughing for weeks afterwards, even while driving to and from work!

My all-time favorite, however, is one that I have referred to more than once in the past. I’m talking here about Gamma’s “Deon Burton fall off the bench?” comment, made almost a decade ago.

In Gamma’s case, he was responding to a posted report that Deon Burton had gotten injured. At that time, Burton had not seen action on the field for a long time, as his club had him benched for game after game, hence Gamma’s incredulous (and certainly understandable) question.

There are many more posts that made me laugh really hard, but at the moment these are the two that come to mind.

Yup that bench joke tops my list. It needs to be revisited evvery now and then.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Any of SkengD's posts...especially when he tries to use words that are bigger than his pea brain like 'analagues'

Comment

HL's Leyton Orient post had me in stitches for 3, 4 years! HL wondered how China got into the discussion.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It Was A Great Joke

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
          Yup that bench joke tops my list. It needs to be revisited evvery now and then.
          I agree . That joke was pure genius.

It was posted back in the days of the old Reggae Boyz Forum, when there was no archive facility, and when, with each new post, older posts moved quickly and permanently away from the front page.

I disliked that aspect and so privately welcomed this new RBSC format (although I did not sign up immediately).

Comment

Missed That

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            HL's Leyton Orient post had me in stitches for 3, 4 years! HL wondered how China got into the discussion.
            Mo, I did not see that post by HL.

Comment

Lol

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
              Any of SkengD's posts...especially when he tries to use words that are bigger than his pea brain like 'analagues'
              I’m laughing right now, but I won’t comment further (lol). I have no big problem with danger that I can understand, for example, fighting in the Middle East. But Brickie, this one here is on a level that even a soldier like me won’t tread.

Plus, Skengy is cool. I am 100 percent sure that he is a good man.

Comment

That Gamma one lives in my mind...and I am sure it shall so live forever. Nice going, Historian
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yup!
                  Another great one!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                  X