• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See why a everybody fi own guns

Opposition Senator accidentally shot himself

1:27 pm, Tue February 19, 2013

Arthur WIlliams - Leader of Opposition Business in the Senate

It has now emerged that Leader of Opposition Business in the Senate Arthur Williams shot himself in the leg.
    It’s reported that early Tuesday morning, Williams was among patrons at a bar in the business district of New Kingston, when an explosion was heard.
    It was later discovered that Senator Williams was shot in the leg.
    It's understood that the bullet grazed the Senator's leg. Following the incident, he was taken to a Corporate Area medical facility and later released.
    Dr. Horace Chang, Chairman of the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP), also confirmed that the injury was not serious.
    “He’s relaxing at home but we cannot make any further comment until we have had a full report from the police. From the reports we are getting it sounds like it was an accident….the police are investigating but apparently there was not a conflict,” Chang said.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Sounds very very careless to me... luckily nothing tragic came of this... man playing with his gun in public? they should take his licence away!... unless there's something we haven't been told.
    Peter R

Comment

No such thing as an accident and he pulled the trigger.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

This gov't mek him nervous .... very nervous. Worse him hear say more tax a come?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
          No such thing as an accident and he pulled the trigger.
          Agree. Football player in New York did the same exact thing in NY and got 12 month mandatory sentence. I can't recall if he had a carrying permit or not. I say yank his license. One man's opinion.

Comment

Plaxico.. heh, heh...

Comment

Suicide attempt yuh seh?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Arthur Williams is a good man. This is very unfortunate for him, to be thrust into the headlines for such things.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

might be a good man but was he careless here? Looking at this and South African Runner it is clear that not everyone should own a gun at all, they maybe safer.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yeah, Plaxico did not have a license in NJ his residence, nor did he have a non-resident license in NY. He plead guilty to a felony firearm possession.
                    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

it could be an accident sass... not always the obvious in these cases.

Comment

Working...
                      X