RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So why the rath we don't drop everything an focus on this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Tufton .But we need a deep constitutional change , where the best can run for the P.M office what we have are populist leaders who cater to political interest at the nations detriment.A corrupted system where MPs can return stolen goods and not be prosecuted , proceeds are returned to narco terrorist (zeeks ) and P.M defend gunmen willing to pay the political price.

It is doom.The IMF is no saviour.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

OCG

Comment

What OCG have to do with this????
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Not a damn ting...more deflecting from the comrades...Anthony Hylton said in February 2013 that his next step is the "development of a master plan"...bout OCG...yuh nuh see di bwoy a eediat?

Comment

Jamaica needs a democratically elected dictator.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Tufton is not in the PNP, so I did not count him.

All the rest rings true though.

To be honest, if I was in there, i would do what is necessary to get things right. No effing way Azan still keep him job...hell he would be facing a serious investigation.

As to returning loot...ah joke dat, right?

Comment

Have U no shame????

Comment

When any politician (unfortunately especially PNP ones) state that they are developing 'a master plan' it doesn't leave me with the feeling that anything will be implemented. Honestly. Sad.

Comment

honestly you nuh think is somthing big was going on Omar, and finance minister would be on some of those trips? or the PM?

At least 3 ministers would have to be working closely to make things happen.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

De whole a dem fulla shyte...

Dem really happy to see us at the foot of the world to rath klath.

I amean REALLY, it not dat hard to DO stuff...

its actually harder to PRETEND to work..

Comment

jeezam peez
                        FORMER MINISTER with responsibility for information in the Bruce Golding administration, Daryl Vaz, has parted company with Opposition Leader Andrew Holness over a decision by Cabinet to ignore concerns from the Office of the Contractor General regarding three major projects.

Vaz told The Gleaner yesterday that he welcomed the decision of Cabinet to establish a three-member panel to provide oversight and monitoring of the projects.

"I can understand the concerns that have been raised, including those expressed by the leader of the Opposition, but I can fully sympathise with the situation that Government finds itself in, and I think the announcement of the monitoring team is a bold and practical move," Vaz, an opposition member of parliament (MP), said.

In a statement to Parliament on Tuesday, the minister of transport, works and housing, Dr Omar Davies, announced that the Government would be pressing along with negotiations which could lead to the completion of the north-south link of Highway 2000; the Gordon Cay Container Transhipment hub, and the Fort Augusta Container terminal.

The OCG, headed by Greg Christie, had stated it was not in agreement with the direct negotiations with investors in relation to the three projects. The office had said the projects should be subject to competitive tender.

Samuda approves

While Holness and North Central Clarendon MP Pearnel Charles expressed unease about the arrangements as announced by Davies, Vaz was joining North Central St Andrew MP Karl Samuda as opposition MPs who have expressed support.

The independent oversight panel, which has been established to expand the framework for monitoring the award of contracts, is to be chaired by Professor Gordon Shirley, principal and pro-vice-chancellor of the University of the West Indies, Mona. He is to be joined by businessman R. Danny Williams, and Everton McDonald, a retired territory senior partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers.

The Gordon Cay Container Transhipment Hub project represents an unsolicited proposal from CMA CGM Group of France, the world's third-largest shipping conglomerate, to the Port Authority of Jamaica to develop a container trans-shipment facility at the Port of Kingston.

Cabinet last August approved the signing of a non-binding memorandum of understanding to facilitate the undertaking of studies to assess the feasibility and viability of a proposal from CMA CGM to develop a new berthing capacity at the Port of Kingston.

"The feasibility studies are being undertaken at no cost to the Government and do not represent any legal commitment on the part of the Government or its functionaries to award a contract to CMA CGM when the MOU expires," Davies told Parliament.

In the case of the Fort Augusta Container Terminal, China Harbour Engineering Company Limited (CHEC) last July expressed an interest in providing private investment to develop a new container terminal on lands owned by the Port Authority, as well as lands to be created by dredging at Fort Augusta.

Approves mou

Cabinet also gave approval for the PAJ to proceed with the implementation of a non-binding MOU with CHEC for the development of a container terminal at Fort Augusta, including the associated development of lands at Caymanas.

In the meantime, Vaz yesterday lauded Davies for continuing with the projects. He said he had personally briefed the minister after the new Government was sworn in last January, advising him of those and other projects that could yield economic rewards for the country.

"I am heartened to see that the new Government has followed up on the projects and appears committed to ensuring Jamaicans benefit. I see it as a new day in our politics when we put politics aside and work for the people," Vaz said.
                        yuh want more?

Comment

what you mean?...i am just repeating Omar davis, Daryl Vaz,karl samuda and mike hanry viewz

Comment

Again what the OCG have to do with this? The man doing his job. You want a project like this without been overseen? If both JLP and PNP can agree on changing some of the laws then why don't they change it? Isn't that what they are there for as policymakers?

And how long has that been?

Comment

Where does it state that the OCG is holding up these projects? Skeng Dummy strikes again

Comment

Thats my point Willi , a man like Tufton who has so much to offer , denied because of basically our constitutional system.If we had an open system where anyone can run for the P.M office , granted they are a citizen ...my lord, Jamaica tek off , instead these leaders sell themselves to every political populist agenda , by the time they get the post , dem lost and loss !
                                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
                                X