No announcement yet.

Damion Crawford Doesn't Have A Clue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damion Crawford Doesn't Have A Clue...

...speaking on the Ritz Carlton pull out from Jamaica...and defending against comments from Bartlett...he said that we shouldn't be alarmed as Playa will be taking over the resort and they are a middle scale group that will bring more benefit to Jamaica as they are more mass market...he went on to state that the upscale tourism model is a failure for Jamaica...that upscale resorts such as Ritz Carlton are not what the country should be targeting...we should be targeting the tourism mass market as only a few can afford the upscale resorts...

It turns out however that Playa is more upscale than Ritz Carlton:

Under terms of the purchase agreement, US-based Playa will rename the resort. The plan is now to transform the resort, including building 100 new rooms, into a more upscale luxury facility than before.
    Crawford is now trying to backtrack...but his comments were already captured on air...poor us...:-)

In fact, 'upscale' models are claimed to have less environmental and social issues and better value for infrastructure....

Comment

Another PNP lunatic

Comment

I am not going to get into the mass market vs upscale debate...more importantly is his ignorance on the fact that Playa is bringing a more upscale resort than Ritz...and then trying to defend his position based on a false premise...then trying to backtrack on his position when confronted with the facts...

Comment

All Mr. Crawford have to do is visit Halfmoon nextdoor to the Ritz, one of the most eco friendly resort in Jamaica and upscale.

Where we get that info? Many rich travellers now are more eco friendly than a lot of other counter parts.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The environmental issues I get, but I am less convinced about the social ones . I would think to some extent it depends on the destination.

Jamaica has the capacity to do well in both ends of the market though.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

the upscale tourism model is a failure for Jamaica
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

mi prefer di upscale, mi nuh mind if mi caan afford it, as long as wi a get top dollar, 7 star up, nuh time fi people wid short money, if yuh bruk an wah forward, yuh can get a room a mi house fi a $100 us or a 70 quid a nite, food n entertainment included

Comment

regrettable statement

Comment

sounds familiar

Comment

why not just a lunatic

Comment

A bruk packet man like you Crawford a talk bout who love the nice hotel and nuh have the dollars fi spend .

The man a say you must come wid the house and land.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

nuh you accuse Bunting of looking like the JLP type or something like that?

What is the difference?

Comment

and he is into tourism!

All Jamaica could not become an upscale destination, but surely we can have a few hotels and venues that are.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Zass Crize. EVERYTHING he said was pure folly.

Upscale worse than mass market? ROTFLMAO

Comment

Working...
                              X