X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The power of punctuation.

A woman without her man is nothing.

A woman: without her, man is nothing.

I just read this, cited below, (and I am not picking on you Assassin but...) and I really don't know which you mean to be the eco-friendly resort.

All Mr. Crawford have to do is visit Halfmoon nextdoor to the Ritz, one of the most eco friendly resort in Jamaica and upscale.

If you mean Half Moon, put a comma after "Half Moon", or put "next door to the Ritz" in parentheses, otherwise you mean Ritz is the eco-friendly one.
    Peter R

thank you sir and I mean't halfmoon. You don't have to pick on me at all

I will own up to my wrongs
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

My punctuation is terrible, I don't know when to use a comma, parentheses, its or it's, in or on, their or there, me or myself, we or us, apostrophe or plurals, : or ;.

Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

...and it wuss if the person speakin' have poor enUnciation...
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I tend to write fast and not to review it sometimes because of the position I am in. Having access but have to shoot quick.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

PeterR, an Assignment for You (lol)

PeterR, the following sentence can be improved to make it sound sensible. Let me see how well you can clarify this sentence through the correct placement of commas:

“That that is is that that is not is not.”

(My Source: Handbook For Caribbean Journalists;1987, page 127)

Comment

That that is, is. That that is not, is not.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Good one!

I checked Wiki and they had this one, a little longer: "That that is is that that is not is not is that it it is"

It appears the younger ones, the texting generation, just does not appreciate the use of punctuations. Their texting tools give them so much help but they don't use it. To insert a full stop, double space. The next letter is capitalized. Wow! Isn't that fantastic! Not even MS Word gives you that much assistance!

Instead what you get is one sentence running into the next i have to be reading over their texts two or three times before i get it yes sometimes it is not so difficult but how hard can it be to just double space i guess they themselves don't even understand what a sentence is

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  because of the position I am in. Having access but have to shoot quick.
                  For your sake I sincerely hope this condition is confined to your forum activities
                  TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

...and the art of good penmanship is being lost with each generation. Who needs to write when you can type or use your thumbs to "txt". Mot mention learning to spell...."c U ltr".
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Well, I used to be very proud of my penmanship. Right now, people would think I am a doctor! But not even a pharmacist can make out my scribble.

The fact is, weeks can go by and I don't pick up a pen or a pencil! It's sad, but that's the world we are living in.

But I will move with the times. Not sure I would support this though:
                      http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/04/...ndwriting.html

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh complaining dat young gyal ah text yuh ?

Comment

Penmanship ?

ah wheh di ?!

Dem cyaan even talk propah hinglish !

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                            Yuh complaining dat young gyal ah text yuh ?
                            A nuh text mi waan!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

haffi start somewhere !

Comment

Working...
                              X