Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willi you was asking what is the latest development

with the Logistics Hub?

Mr. Speaker, much work is left to be done, including the enactment of enabling
    legislation and the construction of supporting infrastructure. But over the past year, we
    have generated significant global investor interest with missions to China, Singapore,
    Dubai, Panama and the Netherlands, where we have received enthusiastic support for
    the initiative. Similarly, we have received support from the multilateral agencies
    including the World Bank and the IDB.
    In other words, very little has actually been done. Check we back around 2030.

Full text of presentation:

http://www.jis.gov.jm/docs/2013-Sect...t-Commerce.pdf
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

LoL

Just what I thought.

China send dem 2IC back in 2005 with a US$10B bid and all now nutten.

We are a bunch of jokers/posers. Can mek pretty speech though...

The Emperor has no clothes on...

Comment

Port of Savannah project runs deep
      Posted by Angela Walker in Freight on 12 15th, 2010 | no comments

The race is on to expand Georgia’s busy Port of Savannah. Workers continue to work tirelessly dredging up some six feet of mud located at the bottom of the Savannah River, according to port officials.
      The $625 million project, slated to be completed in 2014, will allow deep-hulled vessels or “superships” ferrying containers of consumer goods to head to Savannah’s port after passing through the Panama Canal, also scheduled to be widened in 2014.
      Ports located along the East Coast are also scrambling to beat the deadline for the Panama Canal widening project, which interestingly enough is scheduled to be completed almost 100 years from the day it first opened its channels.
      If successful, the Port of Savannah would eliminate the need for freight arriving from Asia to be unloaded on the West Coast then shuttled by train or truck back to the East Coast. The competition has gotten fierce as cities vie for the coveted eastern port, according to industry officials.
      “If you can imagine the crowded three-or four-lane highway you’re driving on suddenly getting expanded to 12 lanes, you can picture what’s about to happen,” said Bob Pertierra, Vice President of supply chain development for the Metro Atlanta Chamber.
      The multibillion dollar shift could shakeup the industry, one that hasn’t been seen since the 1950s. For companies such as Home Depot, the move is a win-win that would allow the retailer to better serve customers on the East Coast and significantly cut freight costs.
      “Everyone’s lined up, and the door is about to open,”
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

We must be the only people planning to start our projects AFTER the canal expansion is complete.

A wha do dem people inna big rush fe 2014? LOL!
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

gave Hylton the bennefit of the doubt but now after all the travel and talking about 8 billion dollars project, we don't have one company on board yet. As I said Samuda was also a big talker too. Bwoy a tell you.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Big talkers -- don't you see their SIZE
            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

Wooooiiieee mi belli!

Comment

Dem FoS.

Comment

Hey we had a regime change to make ! What is more important.. meeting the Canal timeline or JEEP ?

If yuh feeling bummy juss check Mosiah or a next Comrade.. dem will cheer you up..

Comment

Working...
                  X