So Playa hasn't bought the Ritz???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Playa hasn't bought the Ritz???

I heard Playa confirmed they are in negociation but hasn't bought the hotel YET.

Tweet

Above; the Ritz-Carlton Rose Hall
    By the Caribbean Journal staff
    The purchase of the Ritz-Carlton Rose Hall in Jamaica’s Montego Bay is not yet complete, according to Playa Hotels & Resorts, which had been reported to have purchased the property.
    Ritz-Carlton issued a statement last week saying that it would be ceasing operations at the property on June 17, although the company did not mention the buyer.
    “Playa Hotels & Resorts is in negotiations to acquire the hotel but the sale is not complete,” Playa CEO Bruce Wardinski said in a release. “It was inopportune that the intent to purchase was reported prematurely as a completed sale.”
    Playa, which was established in 2006, currently owns 17 properties in Mexico and the Dominican Republic.
    “Unfortunately, because of the nature of the negotiations we cannot comment any further at this time about the transaction,” Wardinski said. “If and when the sale is complete, we will be able to issue additional information regarding future plans for this prestigious resort.”
    http://www.caribjournal.com/2013/05/...-not-complete/
    Last edited by Assasin; May 16, 2013, 01:16 PM.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Which would explain why Bartlett was calling for an official announcement...so the PNP trying to spin the Ritz pullout as no big deal because we have a buyer...when it turns out that is not true

Comment

I can see unnu waan start someting.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Again the journalists them bought it hook, line and sinker. I hope it go through but none of the local news media has carried it so far.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

How so????? You don't want the info??? No you a talk bout hiding information the other day???

Comment

Damion Crawford started it...we are just finishing it...oh the mendacity

Comment

McNeill To Meet With Playa

Tourism Minister, Dr Wykeham McNeill, is hoping to meet with Playa Hotels and Resorts this weekend to confirm whether the company has in fact bought the Ritz-Carlton Rose Hall property.

News had emerged that Playa had acquired the hotel and luxury brand Park Hyatt had been selected to operate the property.

However, two days ago Playa released a statement in which it said reports that it had acquired the Rose Hall property were not accurate.

Playa’s chairman and CEO, Bruce Wardinski, said the company said it was still in the negotiation phase and would provide further information on its plans for the resort if and when the sale is complete.

McNeill says he expects to be contacted by representatives of Playa tomorrow to arrange talks on the Ritz-Carlton sale.

The Ritz is to close its doors on May 20, after 13 years in Jamaica.
              So the government doesn't know if an asset that they hold a 15% share in has been sold or not? Who voted these clowns into power?

Comment

Doom and Gloom you spread???

Whe Skeng deh???

Comment

This CANNOT be right! Can it?

Bricktop stop mek up things nuh!
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

It's impossible to make up something as ridiculous as this:

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/latest/article.php?id=44914

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                      It's impossible to make up something as ridiculous as this:

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/latest/article.php?id=44914

"Yes, we all know Bartlett's style. Doom & gloom! Him need to sit down and shut up every once in a while!" (Moamnesia).
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

You think the Playa man dem cringe when they hear the tourism offical(Damion Crawford)?

Comment

LOL. Maybe Crawford hear the name and was thinking the Players Club?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ5zBKyDKx8
                          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                          X