Proud Papa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proud Papa

going to collect my youths Accelerated Reader awards tonight. Both was second in their year in the amount of books read. They have read more that 200 books additionally to class assigned books. Both could have come first but didn't push them for that althought the one in Kindergarden was very aggressive and wanted number one. He read more than his bigger brother and doing the third grade reading list.

Their soccer going ok with the bigger one scoring all kind a goals but them know that without the reading and homework then no soccer. Hope they continue.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Congrats my brethren!
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

thank you.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Good...but you fooled me...thought there was another one..get to work...

Comment

Great!

They have read more books in their short years than some of us (ahem) have read in 5 decades!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

No say between them and cousins, football team and some others I work with I feel I have a village. LOL

Comment

I went to the book store once and my big son tell me to buy a book called "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" This is a 3rd to 5th grade book so I told him during the summer and he said no. I said I will only buy it if you are certain you going to read it. He said yes. That is a big book but he completed it in two weeks although he had to ask a good amount of words. Since then they have both completed 3 others in that series so they are really reading, not just Dr Seuss. LOL

Comment

Very good! Is a whole heap of books dat! Bwoy I tell you I didn't realize how important the reading at an early age was. My mother was a librarian so it was like second nature for us but I see now how reading above your grade level makes everything else in school easier for children.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

yeah man. Accelerated Reader program, they not only read but they have to do a basic test with about 5 questions on each books on the computer. The kind of made sure they got into it but afterwards they wanted to read to be on the list that is published and they realised that they could be top so it motivated them, plus they get different award for the top group at different time of the year.

Reading well help them, if they read well then only Maths and Science is the other concerns at this age.

Comment

Reading helps everything, including Maths and Science.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

good stuff... ting you gonna say you added to the fam.

Comment

For sure. Check out one 5 year old who can read worded maths problems fluently compared to one who is struggling to read it and see who grasps the concept quicker. It is not even close.
                        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I think it goes for football too.

But let's not hijack the thread!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yes I .... Bigs to yuh and Assasinetta! 😄 balance is key

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Noice!

U get the thing?

Comment

Working...
                              X