X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No high-end brand hotel here, says Bartlett

No internationally acclaimed high-end brand hotel here, says Bartlett
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013

OPPOSITION spokesman on tourism, Edmund Bartlett, has insisted that the ailing Ritz-Carlton Hotel near Montego Bay, St James, is the only "high-end brand" operating in Jamaica.

Bartlett was seeking to clarify a statement he made on May 8, 2013, saying that the Ritz "remained the only internationally acclaimed high-end brand on the island", as he bemoaned the impending departure of the brand.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz2TyooLibr

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Why do we need Internationally Acclaimed High-End brands operating in Jamaica..

I thought we were catering to the market that is most affected by economic downturns and offers the lowest contribution to the tourism sector value chain per visit ?

Comment

Is Richmond Hill a high end hotel?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Not a brand...

Comment

What makes it a brand?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Does it conjure a specific image in your mind? Richmond Hill doesn't do that...

Comment

A recognized high end brand is one that most traveller regardless of where they are will recognize it is a luxury hotel without even looking at the star. Chains like thr Ritz is known as they are world famous and a certain standard is expected in their hotel.

Most Traveller may not know a Halfmoon, Round Hill etc but upon reading then they will see it is high end. Many travellers may only travel with a brand like Ritz just because of the name brand. They may not even care about Jamaica but the brand.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Ansa di question nuh man!

So yuh say brands conjure up a certain image in one's mind.

Playa conjures up a beach in my mind.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Thank you, Assasin.

Yuh tink yuh could get Brickie fi read some books like yuh yute dem? Him comprehension not so high end!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

LOL.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

He said the same thing I did...yuh just didn't like me putting you in your place

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                        He said the same thing I did...yuh just didn't like me putting you in your place
                        Hey is one person can put mi inna my place. And since then I have jumped in the sea on several occasions!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Brown man fight!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Brickie and Sass?

Sass, yuh start bleach now?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Bleach?? me??

No Papa. Alway a represent. a you Gamma a talk.LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X