Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9,000 homes to be provided for low income earners

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...rners_14310634
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Mosiah et al, what are your thoughts on this, also fueled by our discussion on the construction of homes in Tornado Alley

"Under the initiative, 1,200 wooden and 600 concrete houses are to be constructed annually. The wooden houses are to be attained at no cost to beneficiaries," he said.

In the meantime, he said 477 wooden houses were being constructed on an urgent basis in the parishes St Mary, St Thomas and Portland, following the passage of Hurricane Sandy in October 2012.
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Wooden houses are better than nothing. I am sure they will be told where to go when a hurricane approaches.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

So hold on, its Ok for a hurricane & earthquake prone area fi have wooden houses, but in Tornado Valley?
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

..and how many of them heed the warning to leave the premises?
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

board house better in earthquake dan concrete!

Tornado mek hurricane look like joke

Comment

what do you think? take a few minutes and think about it.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

whose bizniz dat?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

So Food For the Poor is a part of the solution?
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    whose bizniz dat?
                    YOURS
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

~sigh~ We/THIS government seems devoid of solutions.
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

If you think 9,000 homes over 5 years is part of the solution, then yes, they are!

sigh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I can use the search function, Sass. This is what I said a few months ago:

I doubt if Food for the Poor can be relied upon to build the number of housing solutions that are needed. Better wi raid di NHT!
                          So don't come try and twist the truth now!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

They can be relied on to make a worthwhile contribution, that is all I am saying.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                            X