RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come a policeman is allowed to sport shaved eyebrows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come a policeman is allowed to sport shaved eyebrows?

How come a policeman is allowed to sport shaved eyebrows?
    BY DONNA HUSSEY-WHYTE Sunday Observer reporter husseyd@jamaicaobserver.com
    Sunday, June 16, 2013

HIS eyebrows are neatly shaved and would be the envy of any woman who takes pride in her appearance.
    He is always well-dressed, in a jacket and tie, as he provides security for a senior magistrate in the Corporate Area Resident Magistrate's Court at Half-Way-Tree, St Andrew.
    BROWN ... that is not acceptable in the Force
    1/1
    This is his usual appearance, according to a regular court attendant.
    To the surprise of many, he is a special constable.
    His neatly shaved eyebrows, however, appear to have breached the Jamaica Constabulary Force's policy governing the dress code for male members who are not working undercover.
    "No. That is not acceptable in the Force at all," said Steve Brown, head of the JCF's information arm, the Constabulary Communication Network, while asking if the policeman in question was in uniform.
    "The cut-out hair side, the shaved eyebrow, nothing like that is acceptable," Brown said.
    In February, the Police High Command issued a directive that police personnel should be appropriately attired while on duty in order to avoid, as far as is practicable, impersonation by criminal elements.
    But the special constable in question isn't the only one who carries himself that way in the force, and this has raised concern among persons who have attended the court and seen them. Colleagues also expressed disappointment with the shaved-brow cop in question.
    "Well, to tell the truth, I am disappointed in him," a colleague of the magistrate's orderly told the Jamaica Observer.
    "I will have to talk to him about it though 'cause I realise people are talking," he said.
    Another police officer burst into laughter when asked how he viewed the situation.
    A member of the public, who gave his name only as Rohan, said if civilians notice the inappropriate behaviour of some members of the Force, why then does it go unnoticed within the Force.
    "But if they say it not acceptable, then how come they are allowed to do it?" he asked. "It must be that those in charge don't care or they turn a blind eye, because the first thing you see when you look into someone's face is his eyebrow."
    Persons attending court had no qualms about scrutinising the officer. The question on their lips was: how, if he is a policeman, is he allowed to carry himself in this manner?
    "How dem fi have man in the Force look so?" one man asked a woman standing beside him.
    "A police?" she asked.
    "A police, yes," he replied. "If a man come to my yard and look like that I would not open my door to him, even if him show me an ID. Because a careless boy a road or gay man look so! Him couldn't convince me seh him a police cause you can print ID on any computer nowadays."
    "It makes you have to really wonder who are police and who are not," another man at the courthouse said.
    "You can barely tell man from woman these days and now you have to be trying to differentiate police from criminal. If a man like that stop you on the road you will feel is someone trying to impersonate a police, don't it Miss?", he asked this reporter. "Because even though him in uniform, when you look in him face and see dem deh eyebrow deh you go tell yourself is a criminal and you will want to drive off. Next thing you know they driving you down and shoot up you vehicle because they love to shoot. So when they look like that it have a whole heap of implications," he said.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz2WOqZOK3h

BLACK LIVES MATTER

I agree...this is unacceptable

Comment

This is complete nonsense!

No wonder they profile people so much in Jamaica. So, someone who shaves his eyebrows is a criminal?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I Guess

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        This is complete nonsense!

No wonder they profile people so much in Jamaica. So, someone who shaves his eyebrows is a criminal?!?!
        I guess it would have been more socially acceptable if, instead of taking care of his physical appearance as he is obviously doing, he went about his daily activities with white merino showing, hair somewhat unkempt hair, a straggly beard, and a partially insane look?

Comment

Well, I guess everything is relative because he could go crazy with shaved eyebrows. I am not sure I have the time to be examining anyone's eyebrow's, man's or woman's?

When it comes to useless requirements for a police force, the JCF takes the cake! What they should be looking for, they don't!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Crazy.......why we wasting bandwidth talking about a topic like this.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Just pointing out the stupidity of the JCF. And the Observer for even carrying the story!

Next topic!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
              X