Does anybody else get the feeling that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody else get the feeling that

NROCC is about to eff up on the Toll Road to Ochi ?

I smell expediency and short-sighted thinking behind the change of route.. another blunder that will affect us for generations..

Another in the long list...

Reminds me of someone cutting corners to build a house only to have the house fall down on them....

Re: Does anybody else get the feeling that

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
    NROCC is about to eff up on the Toll Road to Ochi ?

I smell expediency and short-sighted thinking behind the change of route.. another blunder that will affect us for generations..

Another in the long list...

Reminds me of someone cutting corners to build a house only to have the house fall down on them....
    Post the article!

I thought the idea was to have the road go above the Bog Walk gorge...stay along a route that would never have the road flooded and or possible affected by landslides. ...with adequate 'real estate' for future expansion into more and more lanes as future needs demand.

The Ochi-to-Mobay section has all those features.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      Post the article!

I thought the idea was to have the road go above the Bog Walk gorge...stay along a route that would never have the road flooded and or possible affected by landslides. ...with adequate 'real estate' for future expansion into more and more lanes as future needs demand.

The Ochi-to-Mobay section has all those features.
      Is just now yuh hearing about this ?

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/magaz...___M_DAILY.asp

Comment

Tell me what you think is the right way to do it from now and don't wait for them to do it then find fault. Should they go thru Ewarton and follow the Mts. Diablo/Rosser route?

Same ting unnu do wid di NHT loan. Unnu say it too small and when it increase unnu say how it going to push up property values.

What unnu really want?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Why was the original route change ???!!!!

Direct your questions to Kingsley Thomas !

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            Tell me what you think is the right way to do it from now and don't wait for them to do it then find fault. Should they go thru Ewarton and follow the Mts. Diablo/Rosser route?

Same ting unnu do wid di NHT loan. Unnu say it too small and when it increase unnu say how it going to push up property values.

What unnu really want?
            But ah wheh di...

How NHT come inna dis ??

Yuh tink seh people a complain fi fun ???

The Govt is about to commit hundreds of millions of $US dollars on a project that all of a sudden has a MAJOR change that even the original man in charge is questioning !!

If yuh cyaan afford to do it di RIGHT WAY.. WAIT TILL YUH CYAN !

Yuh cyaan UNBUILD di Toll Road.. wi gwine stuck with it and the consequences of its route for generations to come !

Why was the route changed ? Are the reasons being driven by short-sighted or political forces ? Remember, this is the SILLY SEASON...

Why was the ORIGINAL route devised ? There must have been a rational !

It is not good enough to say.. "The new route going to cost less" or "We anticipate more toll revenue with the new route" Those are all SHORT TERM considerations and who knows whos interests are being served there.. the Developer ? The PNP ?

The reason the country is royally effed up now is because people that know better DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS or DEMAND accountability.. UNNUH cyan choose dat route for UNNUH reasons... some of us nuh operate suh !

Comment

Then what are the reasons for the change? Please enlighten us! Yuh cyaan just imply "silly season" and run off! How does the change help the PNP or a particular person or whatever?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You have it upside down.

The CHANGE of route is what raises the RED FLAG. Burden of proof is on the person make the change especially when the original man is questioning the change.

If the reasons given do not justify the CHANGE one must entertain motivations that are consistent with the Administration.. political expediency and short-sighted immediate return at the expense of long term development.

You don't just getup and completely modify the route of a 400 Million dollar Highway which has we would hope months of planning and strategic analysis behind it.

Telling people the new route cost less or currently has higher traffic is not good enough. Of course it is going to cost less to use existing roads.. DUH ! but then it is not Greenfield is it ??! What dem building Higway for ? To maximize revenue on existing traffic flow ? If suh why dem don't just build a toll road between Norbrook and Half-Way-Tree ?

Comment

But haven't they moved back to the original? The orig. was to bypass Rosser and Ewarton. Then they said they will go thru those places. Then, according to what I thought I saw in the paper this morning, it has moved back to the original plan. The thinking is the highway should open up new routes for development, not just piggy-back on existing routes.

Nuh suh?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

When the government is undertaking a massive project like this, shouldn't they have the right to get things right, even if it means changing some thing they originally thought was right. Large projects like these need perpetual evaluation, this does not mean that you make changes at every corner, but if the geogragphy,citizens and other variable create an opportunity for improvement, shouldn't the government pursue such opportunities. Instead of looking for every imperfection, why not look at ways to get things done perfectly.
                    Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
                    Mitty

Comment

Originally posted by Mitty View Post
                      When the government is undertaking a massive project like this, shouldn't they have the right to get things right, even if it means changing some thing they originally thought was right. Large projects like these need perpetual evaluation, this does not mean that you make changes at every corner, but if the geogragphy,citizens and other variable create an opportunity for improvement, shouldn't the government pursue such opportunities. Instead of looking for every imperfection, why not look at ways to get things done perfectly.
                      #1. That has to be a demonstrated tendency.
                      #2. The original man in charge is questioning the decision.

You talking as if this Admin has a pattern of operating in the best interest of the people.. when the evidence clearly indicates otherwise.

Benefit of the doubt has to be EARNED !!!

Comment

You seem confused in all the changing of routes.. I understand.. another RED FLAG..

To gain clarity note the stance of Kingsley Thomas and that of the current mastermind..

Comment

You are a comedian.

North Coast Highway (11 years and counting)
                          Turning Old Harbour By-Pass into Toll road
                          Turning Bridge to Portmore into Toll road

Perpetual evaluation ? Changing geograpy, citizens ? Getting things Right ?

Right for who ?

Gwann play clowny... mi tell yuh seh is good school mi guh.. dem anancy tactics only fool some of di people.

Comment

I am not privy to what the "original man in charge" questions were, but I was there for the WC opening ceremony and the road look pretty, especially at night time. Nicely patterned red snake eyes decorated the strip from Glistening waters to Ochy. I hope the proposed changes does not take anything away from the aesthetics. Dem fi just hurry up and build the damn thing...new or old plan juss construct the road.
                            Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
                            Mitty

Comment

When you ready to discuss reality armed with actual data.. let me know.

Not interested in Tourists spouting Public Relations Generalities about operating procedures in Countries with serious leadership with a concept of Substainable development.

The only variable the jokers reacting to is political mileage, the availability of money and ensuring the white man dem get dem profits..

Comment

Working...
                              X