Chronixxx is destined to be a Reggae Superstar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronixxx is destined to be a Reggae Superstar

If he had come out in the 80's or even the 90's, he may have gotten lost in the shuffle because back then you had real singers. Today, he is one of the very few true reggae singers in the business. Quality stuff. The term "superstar" is used in the context of international performance and ability to draw a crowd.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

is he a "singer" or a "singjay"?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Both.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

He is very good. Probably the only current reggae artiste that I would travel out of town to watch.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

really, i think he is the best of a bad bunch. but good. i think tarrus is a true start right now.

Comment

Tarrus Riley is a reggae star, not international star. Will Chronixx become an international star?
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Cho man, unnu a jump the gun, you know what it tek to become an international star. Make the man develop him style and we will see soon enough if him have the work ethic and desire to even get outside the diaspora community.

Comment

chronix in the same class like protege and dem youth deh.. Damian Gong is the only international star at the moment. i dont think Chronix has the range i think he will be similar to protoge.... and will eat food but does not have the quality in my opinion.. Its a bit like a half decent looking girl at a munro college old boys party..

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                  chronix in the same class like protege and dem youth deh.. Damian Gong is the only international star at the moment. i dont think Chronix has the range i think he will be similar to protoge.... and will eat food but does not have the quality in my opinion.. Its a bit like a half decent looking girl at a munro college old boys party..
                  Yuh seem to forget that Hampton full a brownin'! And now they even attend Munro propah!

By the way, that analogy sucked!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I think his songwriting abilities are better than his peers and will continue to improve. Thats what I think will set him apart from the others. You never know in the music business though, we will see.
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

OJ you are harder than the rest, that is a strong call! I wouldn't go that far, but if he ever achieves Ziggy or Damian Marley level I would be surprised.

Comment

Here's the thing, the quality of the songs that he's doing will make him popular outside of the Jamaican diaspora. The young Marleys were born with gold spoons in a them mouth. They are good, don't get me wrong, but their name alone plus the resources available to them ensures that they are internationally known. If Chronixx continues to produce such quality tunes, then his stock will rise. Reggae already has a bigger following outside of the Jamaican diaspora anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                          I think his songwriting abilities are better than his peers and will continue to improve. Thats what I think will set him apart from the others. You never know in the music business though, we will see.
                          His songwriting is better than most artist. We have generations of reggae artiste who sing over people tunes and a couple original. This is teenager who put out original material and people all over the world are loving the tunes and his stage show.

Comment

True. Stonigut a talk bout Jamaican diaspora not realizing that the youth already gone past the diaspora and is building up a fan base in Europe and Africa.

Comment

takes a lot to bus a reggae superstar in these days. VP is the only semi-big label out there. Nobody not putting Chris Blackwell type a bacative anymore

Also need some quality airtime on quality stations. Wish him all the best. We need another break out artist soon.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X