So the Governor that many see as

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the Governor that many see as

some top performer ain't nothing but a misleader. During his debate with his opponent last night he made 2 statements.
    1. My opponent voted for every bill that I put forward.
    2. My opponent refused to support bills such as pension reform, public sector reform.
    What his opponents nor the moderators and others asking questions did not call him on is that both statements cannot be true. But I guess since no one wants to be bullied they let it slide.

He continues to talk bout most funding for education? How can it be? Where did all this funding go? Some school districts got an increase of $1. Yet people constantly talk bout good performer?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

ah no lazie ... the question ought to be in respect of #2:

a. did you put forward those bills; and
    b. did you support those bills.

THEN the circle would have been closed and we could then determine if the two are inconsistent. at the moment it is assumed that they are. but given the nature of the politician, such obfuscation can work in his favour.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      ah no lazie ... the question ought to be in respect of #2:

a. did you put forward those bills; and
      b. did you support those bills.

THEN the circle would have been closed and we could then determine if the two are inconsistent. at the moment it is assumed that they are. but given the nature of the politician, such obfuscation can work in his favour.
      Well clearly it has worked. People like y friends Assasin and Islandman man are impressed with him. Unfortunately for him, voters in this state like him ... why mi nuh know.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I have never said I am impressed with him. I just think you are hitting him too hard. Based on what I know about New Jersey some changes had to be made. I see you complaining about your taxes but guess what you can't want your taxes lower and government inefficiency to stay at the same time.

Korzine was a failure of the highest level and he was bought in to turn it around.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
        X