Kansas City...nice place!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas City...nice place!!

First of all it was great meeting Tilla (and his lovely wife) for the first time! Had a great time sitting along-side him during the game.
    -
    The irony he will agree--is that although Jamaica lost, we saw the performance a bit different than what i read about on the football page.

But, Kansas city is a great place; clean, modern and developing.

I discovered that Kansas is known for it BBQ. Must admit...some of the best i have ever tasted!!

Spent Saturday getting to know the place. Bagged two States at one go adding to those visited in the US. (Kansas/Missouri).

Highly recommend it for those who want to visit. Would do it again.

At the airport now. Wish all airports was like this. Friendly workers. Checking in was very easy.

Thanks for your hospitality Tilla!!
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

I went there some years ago and didn't like it. Too countrified for my taste.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      I went there some years ago and didn't like it. Too countrified for my taste.
      Been there too. Your description is too kind... backwater tings
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Where do you like other than NY that you live and Kingston where you grow up????
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It depends.... Like for what purpose?

There are many backwaters that are noice
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I don't want to offend anyone. So the story goes.....I went to visit my brother-in-law who was stationed at the army base down there. The drive from the airport to the base was a long boring ride. There was nothing to see but cornfields on both sides of the road. The land was flat and it was very hot. This was in the early days of me coming here to live. On the drive in, all I thought about was tornadoes and the movie Children of the Corn. I stayed there for about a week and I remember being attacked by some big jumbo flies. One night I said to my brother-in-law, let us go to a club.

I dress up inna me club clothes (dem days deh me did a go a gym and me was nicely buff), thinking that I was gwine impress some a dem young country gals. So we drove into the "town" and came to a barn-like building. I thought he was stopping for something and that we would be on our way. We went in, I don't even remember if there was a cover charge. I was gobsmacked, this is the club???? I stood out like a sore thumb. The people looked every bit country as your imagination. But what really got me staring was how they were dancing. Back then, southern hip hop was just starting to get popular and it hadn't reached NY as yet. Everything was just too strange for me and I could not pick out not one girl who could pass.

There is an episode of Spongebob Squarepants, where him and Patrick fall off a cliff and land in some backwater, hillbilly town. To this day, everytime I see that episode being repeated I think of Kansas.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

You have to be open minded brethren. Same thing could be said of certain part of West Chester county. LOL
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Which part of Atlanta is West Chester county?

Comment

DWL!
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Good old NYC. Can't get this entertainment in Kansas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=vMAZ6TQsjoQ
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Sorry sir, Westchester County NY. LOL

Comment

I said Kansas City: Have your spent time there? An army base does not sound appealing.

Then there is the City or Overland Park: Have you ever been or spent time there?

Both places (from what I have seen) are progressive developing clean and places i would live and possibly do very well.

I like Kansas City!!

"That's all i have to say about that"
                        --Forrest Gump
                        Last edited by HL; October 13, 2013, 07:39 PM.

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                          Been there too. Your description is too kind... backwater tings
                          1Don...where in KANSAS CITY did you go?

How long did you spend?

Thanks in advance:

HL

Comment

HL: It was a pleasure meeting you and your lovely wife as well. We had a great time and certainly enjoyed your company and the game.
                            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Jangle, while Kansas City is no New York City, it sounds as if you only flew into Kansas City, then traveled to the country. Yes outside of the city, you have vast areas of flat land, a lot of it under farming. You have to drive outside of the city though to see what you are describing.

Secondly, two army bases I know of that are supposed to be close to KC are Fort Leavenworth and Whitman Air-force Base. While they call them Kansas City, none are really in the city proper. You might be driving about a good 70 miles to get to any of those from Kansas City.

I think your brother was too lazy to take you anywhere and had you stuck in the remote part of the woods where he was located. Next time you are here, ask him to take you too West Port or to the Power and Light District,
                              Overland Park, Lenexa, Olathe etc.

Next time let your brother give you the Kansas City treatment and not usher you off to the rural areas. I am sure you could find life boring out there.

That said, as I was telling HL and Lulu, there are certain things I like about Kansas City and some I don't. I am not too keen on living in the madness they call New York City. I like Kansas City because it is big enough where I can have everything I can find in most of the major cities, the cost of living is low that one enjoy a fairly decent standard of living. They have good schools, museums, entertainment, professional sports teams etc, etc.

What I hate, it gets bitching cold when it is ready and we have severe heat during the summers. The time HL visited is the small window in which we have comfortable temperature.

Having lived in other large cities, I am quite comfortable in KC even with its shortcomings. One thing, don't say you know Kansas City, until you have really experienced Kansas City.

Get Introduced to a Whole New Kansas City!
                              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                              X