If it was not for Joshua, young black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it was not for Joshua, young black

man in Jamaica would not be able to hold dem head up high and..

Be right back.. my Trini ****** boss just come in...

Re: If it was not for Joshua, young black

Laughable!
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I cant believ I am saying this, but people need to start reading John Maxwell's columns.

He was infected in the 1970s, but now has returned to ORIGINAL PNP roots. Daddy Manley style, where fundamental development and enlightened nationalism was the key.

Comment

Have you read Lee Kwan Yew.. From 3rd World to First ??

Comment

No, but believe it or not they had similar thinking.

I have been to Singapore, so i know firsthand what a gwaan there.

Jamaica got drunk and forgot the plot.

We have the people, but we lack the direction, cohesiveness, honest leadership, organizaion and singlemindedness of purpose.

Recall in the movie 3rd world Cop when the star said that if Uncle Sam gave him a visa, he would offer to go there and clean up their posse prooblem??

Gimme Jamaica for 5 years and I GUARANTEE a compound average growth rate of over 5% at the end and with strong fundamental underpinning. Agriculture, music, manufacturing, trading, mining, sports, hospitality and many other niche industries would be solid foundations.

What Jamaica needs is a dream that we can all identify with. Remember the LOJ advert back in the day..."imagine a new kind of life...universal life...from life of Jamaica"??

Well the emotional appeal that needs to be sold to the Jamaican people is "imagine a new kind of Jamaica...a Jamaica unbounded by any limitations...a Jamaica that can be fully actualized, where the native talents of our people are fully unleashed...where we can truly play our part in advancing the welfare of THE WHOLE HUMAN RACE'. Jamaicans sick and tired of playing the same game...we have figured out that it is a dead end. We are yearning to rise about this, rise abouve the mundane and self-limited, self-destructive past and present we live in. We yearn to create a new reality for ourselves, but it seems that we need a spark to get us off our butz and remind us of WHO WE ARE!

We are a mighty people, there is evidence of this all about us. We develop world beaters with almost no resources and little initial support. We endear people to us just by our way of being. We inspire others with our dedication to tasks, all this while being mired in a confused muddle at home. It matters not so much how we got here, it matters much more where we want to go, how we plan to get there and the fact that we START somewhere.

Our fundamantal problem is essentially a lack of creation....at least creation of what we really want.

Comment

"We have the people, but we lack the direction, cohesiveness, honest leadership, organizaion and singlemindedness of purpose."

Without these, 5% is unreal! Fahget it!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              "We have the people, but we lack the direction, cohesiveness, honest leadership, organizaion and singlemindedness of purpose."

Without these, 5% is unreal! Fahget it!
              With PNP in power... FAHGET IT !

18 years and never even smelling 5%????!!! Now that one would have thought is impossible...

Comment

Mo

How can we dream, if we dont have a dream

And how gonna have that dream come true?

You are making people or situations limit you and define you unjustifiably.

Jamaica can have unbounded levels of growth if we decide to.
                Decide, plan and act.

We just need the inspiration.

Car cant drive without a start...for that we need to spark the ignition. The motivation is to get from point A to B.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                  I cant believ I am saying this, but people need to start reading John Maxwell's columns.

He was infected in the 1970s, but now has returned to ORIGINAL PNP roots. Daddy Manley style, where fundamental development and enlightened nationalism was the key.
                  What's was ever wrong with John Maxwell? You may not agree with everything he says and or his way at looking at some things, but he was, and still is, always interesting - thought provoking.

Aside:
                  Glouden and Ronnie Thwaites as commentators are also always thought provoking.

Mutty?
                  Possible a little mad! Even the mad, do sometimes say interesting things.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Maxwell got caught up in the die-hard game, but now he is calling it as he sees it.

Gloudon is a loyalist, dont have much time for her. SHE strikes me as mad. Mutty does not write, so I have no contact.

Comment

I never even bother to respond...

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                        Maxwell got caught up in the die-hard game, but now he is calling it as he sees it.

Gloudon is a loyalist, dont have much time for her. SHE strikes me as mad. Mutty does not write, so I have no contact.
                        Mutty is on the web!
                        Try http://www.go-jamaica.com/power/

Sorry - never saw this post or I would have sent the url long ago.
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                        X