HL , it looks like Wall Street is still convinced that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL , it looks like Wall Street is still convinced that

something will be worked out at the last minute, so not much market reaction. The problem is both sides are still playing hardball.

Mek we see who blink first, or the market will crater first.

Interesting stuff! Somebody , or everybody, is going to be seriously damaged politically by all this.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Very good eye I'man!

It's a game of chicken. Very childish on both sides ('specially the GOP).

The market rebounded last week...back over 15,000!!

I think the Democrats want to damage the republican brand. If they pull this of--- the t-party and their political cohorts will take a well deserved major hit.

I thought the speaker would have something positive to announce at 11:30AM. It was a waste of my time...
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

There is also a thing call overplaying your hand. Dems need to take some advantage but don't get the people too upset. No deal on Thursday and people will be mad.

I know a few people who have been out of work for two weeks plus and not sure if they should go to unemployment but have their bills to play.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yes it is important that they take their winnings off the table at some point , even if they do not get total capitulation from the GOP. Something could happen that can cause things to backfire.

I think Obama will be willing to take the bi-partisan Senate deal and put pressure on the House to accept it, even if its mostly Dems that make it pass.

They need to get that bill finalized while the House Repugs are still arguing about what to put in their counter-deal. High stakes poker being played on all sides.

Unfortunately the Tea Party will be around for a while whatever happens as their candidates are safe in their districts. This fight is more a matter of whether they will finally fire Speaker Bohner and his allies and totally take over the Republican party or not.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
        X