Big ups to LL Cool J on his nomination to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big ups to LL Cool J on his nomination to

the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Others like Chic and the duo Hall and Oats also received nominations.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Better Late Than Never

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Others like Chic and the duo Hall and Oats also received nominations.
    Better late than never! Also, at least they’re still alive to see their nomination and possible selection. Many inductees, including our very own Bob Marley (he was inducted in 1994, thirteen years after his death) didn’t live to see their induction.

I notice that the same will apply in the case of the 2014 nominees, as Kurt Cobain did not live to see his group Nirvana nominated, nor did NWA’s Eazy-E.

(Granted, of course, in Marley’s case the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame was established a few years after his death.)

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
      Better late than never! Also, at least they’re still alive to see their nomination and possible selection. Many inductees, including our very own Bob Marley (he was inducted in 1994, thirteen years after his death) didn’t live to see their induction.

I notice that the same will apply in the case of the 2014 nominees, as Kurt Cobain did not live to see his group Nirvana nominated, nor did NWA’s Eazy-E.

(Granted, of course, in Marley’s case the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame was established a few years after his death.)

Last night I was checking the Hall of Fame website and I didn't realize that Jimmy Cliff was an inductee.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
      X