• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Bruce takes a Dump on One Turd

Andrew Holness holds onto JLP leadership
    2:32 pm, Sun November 10, 2013

Andrew Holness

Andrew Holness, has been returned as Leader of the Opposition Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) .

That was the outcome of Sunday’s leadership race that saw Holness being challenged by Audley Shaw , a long-standing member of the Party.

When the votes were counted on Sunday afternoon, it was revealed that Holness won by 2704 votes to Shaw’s 2012 .

The voting process which was overseen by the Electoral Office of Jamaica (EOJ) got underway on Sunday morning with reports of a high voter turnout.

Just over 5000 delegates were registered to vote.

In August, Shaw announced his intention to challenge Andrew Holness, a former prime minister , for the leadership of the party.

After advising Holness and other party officials, the former Finance Minister embarked on an island wide consultation.

Following the JLP’s crushing defeat in the December 2011 general election, some party members have blamed Holness and rumours then started that Shaw would challenge him.Holness had been described by detractors in the party as indecisive and weak.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Good, now onto being a viable opposition.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Well it looks like Shaw's team won the Best Box Food award.

Over in Shaw's camp, the line towards the food was consistently long. People sat with arms full of boxed food, and huge belches rocketed the early morning.

The "refreshment" cards were torn when issued, and that was how they kept count, but the process was breached and cards were issued to all and sundry.

"We bussed people here at great cost. We had them overnight in Kingston at great cost and after they voted, they turned up in Andrew Holness shirts," said Dennis Meadows, supporter of Shaw.
      http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ead/lead3.html
      Last edited by Islandman; November 11, 2013, 07:01 AM.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
        Good, now onto being a viable opposition.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I love it!

I'm so happy Holness, my former drinking partner, was returned as leader of the opposition.

He has a mammoth task reuniting the party. Don't be surprised if Betty Ann Blaine starts receiving some applications for her struggling party.

Gwaan Holness!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

him better do more, this is just a signal to him. Him need to step it up.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I sense some disappointment. No?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

no if you saw I posted before that I can't support the politicans of the 80s and 90 but you have to understand that Shaw is now a power broker as well as Tufton. As I told you earlier in the year, it can only make Holness stronger or weaker and it seems like he did step up.

It is a great opportunity for him and he now has some good ground work.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                X