X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For a minute I was confused. Sounded like Karl

Jawge and other comrades.

PNP Stronghold
    "Sally Porteous could talk all she wants, but PNP doesn't lose elections in Central Manchester," explained Rodney Honeywell, a construction worker from Bellefield, Manchester, as he poured white rum from a bottle at a bar in the predominantly PNP district a week ago. "It doesn't matter who you hear saying what, she will not win this seat."
    His colleague, a show promoter from Knockpatrick, Manchester, who goes by the name 'John Wayne', also weighed in. "John Junor has set the trend around here and we will not allow his legacy to die," he said.
    "I will not tell you that Sally Porteous would not make a good Member of Parliament. What I am telling you is that she is in the wrong party."
    Pressed on whether there was any sort of fatigue with a government that had been in power for 18 years, Honeywell said: "Eighteen years, 25 years, it's all the same. You will never again see a JLP government in this country," he said to a chorus of laughter from other agreeing patrons." The lone female in the bar, Theresa Williams, added this gem: "Let me tell you something, Mr. Newspaper Man," surmising that I was a reporter because I had been busy jotting down their every word. "We will not switch because this Sally woman is out there screaming to the world about how bad things are. Things are bad everywhere and if we are going to suffer, let us suffer under Sister P (Portia Simpson Miller). Write this down: 'Bellefield will never vote for the JLP'."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Re: For a minute I was confused. Sounded like Karl

Portia loves the poor ... I guess thats why more people getting poor. And them love har fi it? Yet when mi say dem nuh have nuh sense man vex?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      Jawge and other comrades.
      if we are going to suffer, let us suffer under Sister P (Portia Simpson Miller). Write this down: 'Bellefield will never vote for the JLP'."
      LOL!

Lazie, I think I am just beginning to appreciate the influence of the cult.

Karl, I guess that dispels your notion, the people really are fools..........

Comment

I hear such nonsense arguments a lot. This woman at my office says she nah vote fi JLP cause dem hungry. If PNP cyaan duh what dem say dem waan duh den why wi must believe dat di JLP can do it? Afta dem nuh have nuh money, she says.

Fortunately, not every Jamaican thinks like that.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I take back everything I said about growth. Mosiah is correct.

If is so people think in Jamaica, we cant even make 1%...and we are in deep defecation.

I have never read such "hignarancy" in my entire life. I was literally on the ground laughing when I read this. Take about programming and self-sabotage!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
            I take back everything I said about growth. Mosiah is correct.

If is so people think in Jamaica, we cant even make 1%...and we are in deep defecation.

I have never read such "hignarancy" in my entire life. I was literally on the ground laughing when I read this. Take about programming and self-sabotage!!!
            There is hope. There was talk about getting the right people to join the PNP.

Why would people think as on party issues...supporting on party instead of the other...as they do?

Could it be that the part of choice appears to support/live by aims and or has guidelines that are in sync with the lives of...the hoped for lifestyle of those who express themselves as those persons did?

Would such a dilemna be a simple - a like the candidate, but I do not like the party he/she is a member of of? There is in appearance a disconnect between 'type of candidate' and the party the candidate claims membership of?

Would, if there is that dilemna a solution of sorts by having a system where in which the presidents/chairmen of each party pushes the party line and vie for leadership of the country (the President's/Prime Minister's seat)...while MPs and Senators fall into the 'all politics is local' scheme? A system somewhat like the US system?
            Last edited by Karl; May 7, 2007, 08:14 PM.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The Latin Americans adopted the US style systems and look at the problems it caused.

Jamaica just needs to return to the roots of our system. These massive Governmental scandals would have brought down the Govt anywhere else...look what ousted the Bah Govt recently. This happens in Jam everyday.

Comment

Working...
              X