Are these girls employed,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these girls employed,

underemployed or unemployed? I get it ... on di job training.

By Gareth Davis, Portland correspondent

The police are now on the lookout for a group of female students who they say are involved in prostitution with several taxi operators at the Folly Great House building in Portland.
    The students, who the police say, attend prominent high schools in the parish, have been performing sexual acts for prices ranging from $2,000 to $ 3,000 for regular sex, and between $3,000 and $ 4,000 to perform oral sex.
    The students and the taxi operators are said to be communicating by using mobile phones to arrange the pick ups, after which the girls are transported to the location where the sexual acts are performed.
    A senior detective, who asked not be named, told THE STAR that the students are believed to be between the ages of 13 and 16 years, and that some of them have been living with guardians because their parent or parents have migrated. The Folly Great House has been heavily littered with used condoms, women's underwear, sheets and other bedding materials because of the sexual acts. The facility is secluded, which makes it a safe haven for those wishing to engage in illegal activities.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Re: Are these girls employed,

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    underemployed or unemployed? I get it ... on di job training.

By Gareth Davis, Portland correspondent

The police are now on the lookout for a group of female students who they say are involved in prostitution with several taxi operators at the Folly Great House building in Portland.
    The students, who the police say, attend prominent high schools in the parish, have been performing sexual acts for prices ranging from $2,000 to $ 3,000 for regular sex, and between $3,000 and $ 4,000 to perform oral sex.
    The students and the taxi operators are said to be communicating by using mobile phones to arrange the pick ups, after which the girls are transported to the location where the sexual acts are performed.
    A senior detective, who asked not be named, told THE STAR that the students are believed to be between the ages of 13 and 16 years, and that some of them have been living with guardians because their parent or parents have migrated. The Folly Great House has been heavily littered with used condoms, women's underwear, sheets and other bedding materials because of the sexual acts. The facility is secluded, which makes it a safe haven for those wishing to engage in illegal activities.
    Should they be 'in school' or in the work-force?

I am amazed at the carring-ons at schools and by school children! Damn I left for the USA only 17 years ago...is it really possible that in such a short time parents and guardians have lost control? How did the kids take this downward trail?

Here comes Lazie, Maudib and their posse - all together now - It is the government fault!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

"Damn I left for the USA only 17 years ago"

But yuh smart Karl. Vote dem in and then run like teif ... leff the rest a wi fi suffer unda yuh eediat gov't. Thank God (not Vin Lawerence) I finally escaped too.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Karl,

There has been a total breakdown in the culture U knew since you left.

That is why Mosiah is lamenting about no chance for growth, as the society is fractured. He is right, unless we can have massively inspirational leadership. Not sure what the JLP can provide...I have doubts, however, I am sure that the PNP will only offer a further downward spiral of dashed hopes and despair.
        Last edited by Willi; May 9, 2007, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
          Karl,

There has been a total breakdown in the culture U kne since you left.

That is why Mosiah is lamenting about no chance for growth, as the society is fractured. He is right, unless we can have massively inspirational leadership. Not sure what the JLP can provide...I have doubts, however, I am sure that the PNP will only offer a further downward spiral of dashed hopes and despair.
          I'm glad yuh start to understand my point. It's going to take more than the genius technocrat to get us to where we want to be. Inspirational leadership that begins to break down the many barriers we have - class, colour, uptown, downtown, orange, green - is essential! That's why I believe Portia dropped the ball. She had it! If any of you saw the reception she got at last year's Gibson Relays (or was it Champs?), where everyone applauded her for around 10 minutes non-stop, you'd understand that she could get most of us to follow her over a cliff. Now, most of us want to push her over!

And no, Lazie, I'm not saying that charisma and personality alone can do it, but repeat it anyway.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            Should they be 'in school' or in the work-force?

I am amazed at the carring-ons at schools and by school children! Damn I left for the USA only 17 years ago...is it really possible that in such a short time parents and guardians have lost control? How did the kids take this downward trail?

Here comes Lazie, Maudib and their posse - all together now - It is the government fault!
            Man have more "cyar, gyal and cellphone"

Continue to ignore the irresponsible and destructive actions of our leaders.

Try and Work out a program to reverse the process that does not involve fundamental change in leadership...

And no.. the answer is not Sistah 'P'... sistah 'P' was calculated as the best option to win a 5th Term to preserve the Cult.. that is it.. after dem reach den dem can 'carreck' it..

Comment

Mo,

That is why I am even MORE disappointed. I knew tons of sensible Jakans on all sides that gave her backing. many of these have now abandoned ship, as it is apparent that the job is beyond her scope. She does not and probably will never have it.

Indeed, if we are honest with ourselves, we should slap ourselves silly to fall for the charisma thing again. Look at her constituency. It is one of the mosr depraved and deprived in all of Jamaica. That should speak volumes. If she cant even help her "own" after all these years, how can she help Jamaica?

Push her over??? We owe her NOTHING! The politicians owe us their best and their undying efforts at valiant service, and instead we get what the duck get. We have this thing upside down.

Finally, the enthusiam that was invested in her was a default thing. She was just the attractive port in a storm. We have the pent up desire for better and under the circumstances she was far and away the best option. However, we need to show our impatience. No time to be waiting and hoping. Try the other option, and if it flops, flip them after a term. At least that way we regain the ascendant position. On top of that, we can even entertain expanding the 2 party samfie to a 3rd entity in 5 years or so.

No time to be deceived,
              brother you got to KNOW
              Not just believe

Mi seh this judgemnt could a neva be with Water
              No water can put out this fire, this fire, this fire
              A yagga yoh.

Comment

Let's list the 60 MPs and give positionon who can be kept and who should go? (Hey isn't it said, all politics is local?)

...it appears the entire country needs a bath!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

True dat.

Comment

We must go after the men!

Originally posted by Lazie View Post

This is a tragic shame, and I see this as an abuse issue. For too long we have not seriously gone after men who solicit little girls for sexual favors. To many families who have migrated, have not only left their children in Jamaica, but they have left their conscience on the island.

Jamaica needs to partner with the USA, UK, and Canada and go after our people in foreign lands who abandon their children in the island. Bring them up on child abandonment charges, and tek child support out their wages in foreign lands.
                    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Hortikal, I think using the word "abandon" is a stretch. Alot of these parents have to migrate to in order to provide for their children. I guess they're in a position of damn if you do and damn if you don't.

I read some stories in the Sunday Gleaner about a husband and wife that have to put up with illtreatment in Cayman because its the only way they can provide for their children. Nuh follow the claffy dem round here that gwaan like everything irie.

Comment

This is what will happen - the PNP will lose the next election, they will elect Peter Phillips as president of the party. He will go on to win back power for the PNP in 2012, two years after we make the 2nd round in the 2010 World Cup!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Re: We must go after the men!

Originally posted by Hortikal View Post
                          This is a tragic shame, and I see this as an abuse issue. For too long we have not seriously gone after men who solicit little girls for sexual favors. To many families who have migrated, have not only left their children in Jamaica, but they have left their conscience on the island.

Jamaica needs to partner with the USA, UK, and Canada and go after our people in foreign lands who abandon their children in the island. Bring them up on child abandonment charges, and tek child support out their wages in foreign lands.
                          Yuh losing focus.. the GAYS, we have to control the GAYS !

Comment

Working...
                          X