Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Five Flights

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    At times I wonder if you people actually serious when unuh post. What unuh refuse fi comprehend is that HOW he went about it, WREAKED the economy.

In order fi buy a cyar, what yuh duh? Put money aside to mek the down payment or buy it cash ... or yuh simply get the cyar then pay fi it when yuh have the money, if yuh eva have the money?
    None of the above.

What I would do is demand it from the Bauxite Companies... then when the Money dun.. well.. guh back to walking..

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      At times I wonder if you people actually serious when unuh post. What unuh refuse fi comprehend is that HOW he went about it, WREAKED the economy.

In order fi buy a cyar, what yuh duh? Put money aside to mek the down payment or buy it cash ... or yuh simply get the cyar then pay fi it when yuh have the money, if yuh eva have the money?
      It takes time but eventually you actually make some sense even though we totally disagree. In 1938-40s only Jamaicans who owned land could vote in Jamaica. The owners of the plantations instituted this to ensure that black jamaicans could not form the majority power-wise. Marcus Garvey fought against this no doubt if he had won the immediate reaction of the plantation class would be to make life more miserable for Jamaicans than it already was. Today not even the descendants of the plantation class would publicly make that argument. Manley saved the ruling class of Jamaica from true reform. Your analagy is incorrect. The car belonged to the Jamaican people from birth.

Comment

What I don't understand is how could black people be even voting for Michael Manley.. black people could vote in Jamaica dem times deh.. how dat ?

How much did the economy suffer to allow black people to vote.. that must have been a tsunami of a blow to the economy considering at one point is only if dem did have land..

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
          What I don't understand is how could black people be even voting for Michael Manley.. black people could vote in Jamaica dem times deh.. how dat ?
          How much did the economy suffer to allow black people to vote.. that must have been a tsunami of a blow to the economy considering at one point is only if dem did have land..
          I must assume you missed the point you going to a good school and all. Lazie's point was that the way Manley went about his reforms wrecked the economy. My point was that regardless of the reaction of those in a situation to oppress certain basic reforms have to be taken regardless. What's interesting is based on their current proposals the JLP is more 'progressive' than the PNP. The party of " saltfish better than education" and who had the largest cut to the education budget while in government is now in favour of free-education for all. The party whose leader once instructed Police to "shoot first and ask questions later" is now the champion of citizens rights.

Comment

Why would the JLP cut the Eductation Budget ?

Bruce Golding told the police to shoot first and ask questions later ?

If yuh eat how yuh ah guh school ??

Comment

Why would the JLP cut the Eductation Budget ?

Bruce Golding told the police to shoot first and ask questions later ?

If yuh eat how yuh ah guh school ??
              I know you went to a good school so check Jamaican history if you dont know. My point is life is full of ironies. The JLP by its proposals is now more progressive than the PNP go figure. You and Lazie are right this dispensation of the PNP has a lot to answer for. I look forward to the Vaz,Samuda, Shaw, Gallimore, Babsy and Bruce being the vanguard of progress for the Jamaican people as they have been in the past. You and Lazie are right about something else we will probably see a Haitionization of Jamaica but not in the way you have been propagandizing. You are right about one thing the PNP has set Jamaica back.

Comment

You claimed that the JLP cut the Education Budget.. can you provide some context so that I can fully understand 'History'.. (It takes cash to care)

Remember.. good school... "more cyar, gyal, cellphone" does not impress me..

Comment

You claimed that the JLP cut the Education Budget.. can you provide some context so that I can fully understand 'History'.. (It takes cash to care)

Remember.. good school... "more cyar, gyal, cellphone" does not impress me..
                  During the 80's the education budget was cut due to the strictures of the IMF. You guys should read Eddie sometimes he is less die-hard than some of you. He admitted this was a mistake and the JLP manifesto of 1997 sought to address this amongst otheer things. By the way the JLP manifesto of 1997 was the most in-depth proposal for the Jamaican economy. Nothing since has come close by either party. no one who took the time to read it could say ant different. Jamaica would now be better off had those proposals been implemented.

Comment

IMF ?

He admitted it was a mistake to cut the education budget ?

But it was the largest cut ever you claim.. surely such a person could not understand the importance of education and now imagine they do understand the importance.. I think I see the irony.. but tell me more.. is the current % allocation more or less than it was in the 80's ?

Comment

Re: Under-17 World Cup - Opportunity Lost

sigh. I know. Responding to Maudib's scripted response is...well...pathetic, but I have been called worse!

Notice how they step far from reversal of Manley's reforms.

The problem with so many of us is, if we oppose one thing with Bruce or Portia, then we have to oppose everything. Objectivity?!? What's that? Honesty?!? Bad wud dat!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

When yuh did go good school, yuh use to do yuh owna homework, or yuh did wait fi smaddy do it den yuh trace it off?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          When yuh did go good school, yuh use to do yuh owna homework, or yuh did wait fi smaddy do it den yuh trace it off?
                          Well mostly listened to the teacher.. and ask nuff question...

Man ah give a lesson so mi ah ask question..

Stap intarupt suh everybody can learn !

Comment

Working...
                          X