RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Providing 90+% employment for Jamaican's at home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Providing 90+% employment for Jamaican's at home?

Lazie, Maudib, et al... How will Brucie do that?

btw - Singapore 'exports' tons of its people! I wonder why they leave?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Re: Providing 90+% employment for Jamaican's at home?

[QUOTE=Karl;28724]Lazie, Maudib, et al... How will Brucie do that?

btw - Singapore 'exports' tons of its people! I wonder why they leave?[/QUOTE

Don't go there Karl. Don't be profound!

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      Lazie, Maudib, et al... How will Brucie do that?

btw - Singapore 'exports' tons of its people! I wonder why they leave?
      Shame can make one say the dumbest things..

Mi unnastan bredrin, but remembah seh is internet yuh deh pon...

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
        Shame can make one say the dumbest things..

Mi unnastan bredrin, but remembah seh is internet yuh deh pon...
        OK!
        Let's have your stance on the "how" of getting to that 90+ employment?
        Thank you!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

btw - I do not know!

What do the authorities in Singapore mean by "Total Population"?

What do the authorities in Singapore mean by "Resident Population"?

Total Population = 4,341.8 million

Resident Population = 3,543.9 million

2005 figures
          Last edited by Karl; May 16, 2007, 09:14 AM.

Comment

OK!
            Let's have your stance on the "how" of getting to that 90+ employment?
            Thank you!
            Check Lazie fi Bruce Budget presentation.

If you read it and still don't understand it or don't see where the proposed elements are directly related to increasing employment then you either do not believe the elements will be/can be pursued or that the working age population in Jamaica cannot be properly leveraged and we simply need to load up dump trucks and dispose of them.

Pick one of the above or neither but whatever you do stop going around in circles asking the same silly question over and over... it nuh look good.

Comment

Lots of US Citizens work overseas and the IRS keeps tabs on them.

There are many Irish working in Jamaica at Digicel....

I don't understand your point.

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                Lots of US Citizens work overseas and the IRS keeps tabs on them.

There are many Irish working in Jamaica at Digicel....

I don't understand your point.
                Just asking - Did you say and or hint somewhere above that there is not 'serious emigration' from Singapore? ...or, did I misunderstand you? ...could the figures quoted above have something to do...impact numbers leaving/emigrating from Singapore?

Just asking!

Comment

Quoting non-resident population is interesting but pointless unless you are playing trivial pursuit.

I ask again.. what is your point ?

Be very careful here Karl.. you are treading in dangerous areas, I seriously suggest you cling to the sliver of crediblity you might have in some far flung part of the planet..

Comment

I see Karl is trying to be profound as usual

Just asking - Did you say and or hint somewhere above that there is not 'serious emigration' from Singapore? ...or, did I misunderstand you? ...could the figures quoted above have something to do...impact numbers leaving/emigrating from Singapore?

Just asking!
                    Some guy in Singapore, when he wrote his memoirs had this to say about profundity:

"The accepted wisdom of development economists at the time was that American multinational corporations were exploiters of cheap labour,land and raw materials. This "dependency school" of economists argued that MNCs continued the colonial pattern of expliotation.......Third world leaders believed this theory of neocolonialist exploitation, but I was not impressed. We had a real life problem to solve and could not afford to be conscribed by any theory or dogma"

In other words DON"T BE PROFOUND WITH BULLTISH EMOTIVE NONPRODUCTIVE COMMENTARIES ABOUT COLONIALISM AND HOW TO FEEL PERSECUTED. ONLY PEOPLE WITH NO ANSWERS MAKE THOSE COMMENTARIES AND ONLY WEAK PEOPLE BELIEVE THEM.

Meanwhile in exactly the same time period some guy in Jamaica was talking about walking hand in hand to the mountain top and about dieing on the left and about 5 flights a day!!

or in other words I DON"T HAVE THE ANSWERS SO I HAVE TO BE PROFOUD!

Today, Singapore's GDP is $118,818,000,000.00 and per capita it is $32,867.00

Today, Jamaica's GDP is $11,531,000,000.00 and per capita it is $4,200.00

Karl it is time to stop being PROFOUND!

Comment

Just asking!
                      Have not done the research but if I were to hazard a guess I suspect it is the same reason any other 1st World Country has non-resident population.

Pursuing the interests of local Companies in foreign Markets.. working for Multi-nationals with presence in Singapore.. (at Centers for Higher Learning either learning or teaching).. etc..

Why do you think are the reasons for a non-resident population of Singapore ?

By the way, I sincerley hope this has nothing to do with the 5-Flights a Day argument...

Comment

Originally posted by Comment View Post
                        Some guy in Singapore, when he wrote his memoirs had this to say about profundity:

"The accepted wisdom of development economists at the time was that American multinational corporations were exploiters of cheap labour,land and raw materials. This "dependency school" of economists argued that MNCs continued the colonial pattern of expliotation.......Third world leaders believed this theory of neocolonialist exploitation, but I was not impressed. We had a real life problem to solve and could not afford to be conscribed by any theory or dogma"

In other words DON"T BE PROFOUND WITH BULLTISH EMOTIVE NONPRODUCTIVE COMMENTARIES ABOUT COLONIALISM AND HOW TO FEEL PERSECUTED. ONLY PEOPLE WITH NO ANSWERS MAKE THOSE COMMENTARIES AND ONLY WEAK PEOPLE BELIEVE THEM.

Meanwhile in exactly the same time period some guy in Jamaica was talking about walking hand in hand to the mountain top and about dieing on the left and about 5 flights a day!!

or in other words I DON"T HAVE THE ANSWERS SO I HAVE TO BE PROFOUD!

Today, Singapore's GDP is $118,818,000,000.00 and per capita it is $32,867.00

Today, Jamaica's GDP is $11,531,000,000.00 and per capita it is $4,200.00

Karl it is time to stop being PROFOUND!
                        That is all well and good, but can black people in Singapore go to the beach, work at a bank or even vote !!

Tell me that !

Comment

Yes and has fed-ex replaced the Royal mail..............LOL LO KUFFING L.

Comment

Hi Karl,

I have done some research on the matter of Non-resident population.

Apparantly non-resident population are those people that are neither citizens nor have resident status.

I can only hope you were not using these figures to derive the 'tons of people' they export.

My suggestion to avoid situations like this is 'Stop trying to be profound' the shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line, the ones that seem unable to get from point A to point B or take an inordinate time to do so are probably victims of their own Profundity.. unfortunately sometimes at the expense of millions of passengers..

Comment

Working...
                            X