Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have a STEAM

SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY ENGINEERING & APPLIED MATHEMATICS

Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my Jamaican friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the Jamaican dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: 'Out of Many One People'

I have a dream that one day on our beautiful North Coast, the sons of former trinket sellers, butlers, maids, taxi drivers, prostitutes and rent-a-dreads servicing fat tourists will be the Knowledge Workers in our bright future
    I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day even the parish of St Thomas, a parish sweltering in the heat of neglect and underdevelopment, will be transformed into an oasis for software development and teeming with foreigners wanting to invest in ideas developed by our brilliant yutes .
    I have a dream today!

I have a dream that our little children will one day live in a nation where they will not merely aspire to be butlers, maids, cooks, security guards, shottas, prostitutes & lotto scammers.... but rather engineers, application developers, designers, coders, Microsoft certified technologists, database & cloud computing experts and CREATORS of valuable products in demand WORLDWIDE!!

I have a dream tonight!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooooiiieeee mi Dream tun Nightmare wen mi wake up an si wat really ah gwaan ah Yaad an' how Jakans foolfool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Don1; October 22, 2015, 12:46 PM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Oh.. I was looking to borrow a STEAM cleaner and got a little animated when I saw your post thinking you could help out... wrong STEAM!

But yes, what the anthem sah "...give us vision lest we perish..."

Good luck with your STEAM DREAM! Hope it can be realized!
    Peter R

Comment

Careful with the applied. There is a reason why it was just maths. alone. I think you are now over counting with the applied. Someone may ask you what is technology and engineering.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
        Careful with the applied. There is a reason why it was just maths. alone. I think you are now over counting with the applied. Someone may ask you what is technology and engineering.
        Since we've been working in this specific field for many years and have massive practical experience...we have have our targets, procedures and development models buttoned up 100%. Nature is basically applied mathematics...so we like to focus on applications. Plus it is the application of science (rather than rote study) which best engages the attention of boys who are currently in a massive social crisis. Addressing that crisis by engaging boys in practical & innovative STEM programming is a key driver of what we do.
        Those who want to work in pure mathematics...mi naw fight dem. Dem fi gwaan duh dem ting

People are also entitled to their opinions about what others "should" do in trying to address the huge education deficits

However it's probably more important for said critics (or those merely observing from the sidelines) to figure out what they should do themselves to ameliorate the education problems... other than offering a few empty words that is. This assumes that such people believe that they should be part of the solution, or by their inaction, remain part of the problem

There are many education problems out there to solve. I choose a course that in my opinion has value. Those who see other education problems that are unaddressed ...have the opportunity to address them or perhaps just continue talking about empty theories
        Last edited by Don1; October 22, 2015, 11:32 PM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

The fact still remains that you are repeating yourself with the word applied. This is why it was abbreviated STEM by those in the know.

Now continue with your rant and hand waving.

Comment

LOL! Those in the know....like you??? Mi belly!!

FYI I used the acronym STEAM only as a play on the word Dream...as I was parodying MLK's speech....It's called a metaphor

But yes I have little patience nowadays for empty vessels yappin from the sidelines ....giving nuff advice for decades but actually doing nothing themselves. They're just another very annoying part of the problem
            Last edited by Don1; October 22, 2015, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
              Oh.. I was looking to borrow a STEAM cleaner and got a little animated when I saw your post thinking you could help out... wrong STEAM!

But yes, what the anthem sah "...give us vision lest we perish..."

Good luck with your STEAM DREAM! Hope it can be realized!
              Seeit deh

BTW I saw Mrs Mayne's grandson at our event 10/3. She's in JA alive and doing ok. Had a fall likkle while aback but recovered. I think she's in her 90s

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                I Have a STEAM
                You don't have to tell us Don1. We already know that you're one big bag of hot air.
                No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
                  You don't have to tell us Don1. We already know that you're one big bag of hot air.
                  LOL

Comment

I have a dream that one day on our beautiful North Coast, the sons of former trinket sellers, butlers, maids, taxi drivers, prostitutes and rent-a-dreads servicing fat tourists will be the Knowledge Workers in our bright future
                    & daughters

Comment

So hold on Jawge never pick up pon the MLK connection? A lie mi no believe dat.

Comment

Was there a quadratic equation there somewhere?

Kmt

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

A dangerous brew; lunacy mixed with ego. Boss this site was built for Yapping. Before you wandered on here the site was about yapping and sounding off. When you slither away it will be the same Yap yap. I will speak for myself by saying this whatever you do out there I'm not interested and I really don't care. Almost all of the older posters on here that I know has done something in one or the other for the youth. I've never seen them trying to compete by saying "did you do this and that? Well don't post". One poster here literally financed a local team in Ja. I've never seen that poster saying "you can't alk to me about ball because you haven't financed a team, when you do come talk to me".

This P1$$ing contest that you seem to promote borders on madness. You seem to be competeing with yourself. No one wants to be a part of your sick little game.

Comment

Maybe Cornwall never really focus pon the Arts.

Rex must have been an outlier
                            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

What yuh fi tell him is dat mi used to post dat speech every february.

Comment

Working...
                              X