FAXING is alive and well...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAXING is alive and well...

Among the past technology--faxing appears to be holding it's own in today's electronic environment.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Some technologies hang around much longer than you would expect. People get comfortable with them and don't want to do it any other way.

I haven't sent a document via a fax machine in many years but for business reasons we still subscribe to a web based fax service that routes faxes via email.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I remember when the first fax machines came out. Well, I think they were the first, around 1982? And that god-awful sound they made when transmitting!

I thought, gee, what will they think of next!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

And you had to dial, I mean DIAL, and wait for that screeching sound as you say, then rest the phone in that "cradle thingy"... had to do the same with the early modems.

We still use faxes regularly where I work.

Some "technologies" cannot be improved on... yet... like knife , fork and spoon, unless you want to use chopsticks!
        Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          I remember when the first fax machines came out. Well, I think they were the first, around 1982? And that god-awful sound they made when transmitting!

I thought, gee, what will they think of next!
          ...and that long continuous ream paper that was used to collect the incoming message.

I broached the topic because every day we see at least 20 individuals sending faxes. Folks also receive faxes daily.

I think it will be around for quite some time.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
          X