DPP shows INDECOM who is the boss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPP shows INDECOM who is the boss

After reviewing files provided by the clerk of the courts and INDECOM as well as correspondence from Anderson’s attorney, DPP Paula Llewellyn, in the interest of justice operating under the powers granted to her by the Constitution, intervened and discontinued the criminal charges laid against DSP Anderson, said a news release from the Office of the Director of Prosecutions.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...DPP-intervenes
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

I refuse to believe INDECOM could have carelessly arrested the DSP. Are the thresholds that different between the two bodies?

This seems to be personal now.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

"Now"? Why "now"?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

This is the best part.....in the interest of justice operating under the powers granted to her by the Constitution..lol
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I've been saying for years that this DPP needs to go but hey...she has a lifetime job. She will only leave if she becomes top Judge or Prime Minister. Can we get Portia out because we need a new DPP

Comment

I have been saying for years that and more, I identified the problem of a broken constitution that serves a political elitist system.
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

What I do not understand is INDECOM came about because it was determined that the DPP is lacking,why in the end relevance is given to the DPP?

Comment

The Constitution gives the DPP final authority over all prosecution cases. There is no exception whatsoever.
                The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
                X