X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Jobs last words

Steve Jobs Last Words
    Day 100 | The EPIC Journey
    "I reached the pinnacle of success in the business world.
    In others’ eyes, my life is an epitome of success.
    However, aside from work, I have little joy. In the end, wealth is only a fact of life that I am accustomed to.
    At this moment, lying on the sick bed and recalling my whole life, I realize that all the recognition and wealth that I took so much pride in, have paled and become meaningless in the face of impending death.
    In the darkness, I look at the green lights from the life supporting machines and hear the humming mechanical sounds, I can feel the breath of God of death drawing closer...
    Now I know, when we have accumulated sufficient wealth to last our lifetime, we should pursue other matters that are unrelated to wealth...
    Should be something that is more important:
    Perhaps relationships, perhaps art, perhaps a dream from younger days ...
    Non-stop pursuing of wealth will only turn a person into a twisted being, just like me.
    God gave us the senses to let us feel the love in everyone’s heart, not the illusions brought about by wealth.
    The wealth I have won in my life I cannot bring with me.
    What I can bring is only the memories precipitated by love.
    That’s the true riches which will follow you, accompany you, giving you strength and light to go on.
    Love can travel a thousand miles. Life has no limit. Go where you want to go. Reach the height you want to reach. It is all in your heart and in your hands.
    What is the most expensive bed in the world? - "Sick bed" ...
    You can employ someone to drive the car for you, make money for you but you cannot have someone to bear the sickness for you.
    Material things lost can be found. But there is one thing that can never be found when it is lost – "Life".
    When a person goes into the operating room, he will realize that there is one book that he has yet to finish reading – "Book of Healthy Life".
    Whichever stage in life we are at right now, with time, we will face the day when the curtain comes down.
    Treasure Love for your family, love for your spouse, love for your friends...
    Treat yourself well. Cherish others.
    Material possessions cant be taken to your death bed but memories will last forever in your mind"
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Sounds profound but it's a myth.

http://www.snopes.com/steve-jobs-deathbed-speech/

Jobs wasn't driven just by the desire to accumulate wealth, it was more of a desire to change the world with his ideas and products. His graduation speech at Stanford in 2005 is excellent advice for young people.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I think it is still impactful. ..profound. myth or not.

HL

Comment

Yeah, to hell with truth. The pyramids stored grain and West Point offers scholarships. Who cares what really happened?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Yeah, to hell with truth. The pyramids stored grain and West Point offers scholarships. Who cares what really happened?

The West Point 'full scholarship' part may be true. He produced an advertisement from those days that encouraged black youth to attend West Point on a 'full scholarship.' Technically the person who designed that ad was not lying. Military records also showed that General Westmoreland attended a function that matches the exact description that he gave but he got the date incorrect.
          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

The problem HL, is that it is dishonest. You just can't just go around putting words in a famous dead man's mouth to promote your world view. It is not right.Suppose his belief was the exact opposite?

Jobs said many things that I think are worth listening to. However, let's not make the man into something he wasn't.
            Last edited by Islandman; November 12, 2015, 09:54 AM.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I'm sure HL would not like it if people went around saying that he said Leyton Orient was in China.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

HL's Sarah Palin moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                  I'm sure HL would not like it if people went around saying that he said Leyton Orient was in China.

Certainly I would !!

here goes:

Maybe 10 or more years ago, I did not know that a 2nd or 3 division football team based in London was named Leyton Orient. Jamaican GK Ricketts (i believe was) being interviewed by that club.

During that time, China was recruiting foreign players to develop their 'premier' league. I thought Leyton Orient was a club based in China.

I make lots more mistakes than i make good decision. I am not shy about failing and failure. I am not your typical Jamaican who knows EVERYTHING!

Leyton Orient is in China!!! yaaaaaaaaa.......

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                    The problem HL, is that it is dishonest. You just can't just go around putting words in a famous dead man's mouth to promote your world view. It is not right.Suppose his belief was the exact opposite?

Jobs said many things that I think are worth listening to. However, let's not make the man into something he wasn't.
                    "Let he who hath no sin--let him cast the first stone".

There is value in myth.

I recall philosophy was a mandatory elective when i did undergrad studies. I had to complete 2 courses. We covered areas like Truth, Myth, Symbols etc..etc..

I could not understand the relevance of studying philosophy--until later in life.

Maybe Jobs last words were a myth/lie...but what I read has impacted me by reinforcing what life's true value is all about......

HL

Comment

HL, just put up a smiley face and gwaan nuh man. I fully understand how such a mistake could have been made. I dare say the first time I heard the name I was wondering myself. Who the hell is Leyton Orient, anyway! No need to explain it.

It's just a nice one to use against you every once in a while.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

True, the philosophy is deep, whoever said it.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You are right Mo. (Don't recall callin you that before).

Just kinda under lots of work right now...my uptightness is coming out. Das why i log on for some forum tonic.

....cool runnins.....

HL

Comment

I hear you. Religion is like that too in my opinion. Lots of myths but the underlying message can still be powerful.

Comment

Darn,that the flag of the typical know it all Jakans.
                              The probkem wasn't ignorance but acting in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X