Historian please DO NOT OPEN...You've been WARNED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historian please DO NOT OPEN...You've been WARNED

When most people think of reggae, Bob Marley is probably the artiste that pops in their head. But for decades Reggae and Dancehall has been inspiring hip hop and R&B performers along with others around the world.

On Wednesday night after Fox’s popular drama series ‘Empire’, Fox5Ny explored the ‘Influence of Reggae’ with reggae veteran Junior Reid, Hot 97’s Dancehall Djs Bobby Konders, and Jabba in a segment called ‘After Empire.’ The three entertainers go way back. They linked up in the early ’90s in Kingston; their relationship was built on mutual respect and love of the music. While Reid was dropping hits like “One Blood,” the two DJs were spoon-feeding it to the people in Brooklyn and Bronx and then worldwide.

https://iamajamaican.net/music/2015/...nce-of-reggae/
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

I saw it. Jabba just mek up noise, we couldn't hear the music. The question was asked how Kartel still putting out hits after all these years behind bars. Di food though ... I need to check out that Negril Village Restaurant.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Been there.......suck off yuh ten fingaz.....no napkins needed
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

So-so nize from di two a dem! Wasn't the advertisement reggae or dancehall needed.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh nuh go Negril yet?

The ackee appetizers are good!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Conflict of interest here....but Kartel must have had some serious work ethics to lay down so many tracks. Very good business sense too. Bob Marley sold more in death than alive and years after his death the labels were releasing new music. Then you capture an entirely new generation with the remixes and samples.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
              Been there.......suck off yuh ten fingaz.....no napkins needed
              No napkin? LOL!
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                Yuh nuh go Negril yet?

The ackee appetizers are good!
                I guess I'd have to go check it out.

Comment

Yow, I remember when One blood and was the biggest song on NYC streets, all my Boricua friends were crazy over that song by Junior Reid.

Comment

Di muzik deh pan di move again, dem sight it like vogue, dem ah fix tings. Jabba come een like panther nuff nize an hype innah di ting, it work to.

Comment

Working...
                    X