RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$15 an hour minimum wage for fast food workers you say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $15 an hour minimum wage for fast food workers you say?

America, Meet McDonald’s Self-Service Kiosks

Fast food chains are exploring new ways for customers to order their meals without having to interact with a cashier. Labor costs are rising and consumers are demanding ever faster, more convenient service. At McDonald’s, self-service kiosks are popping up in restaurants in the U.S. after the burger chain saw some success with the machines overseas.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/venessawong/...ks#.usovOJALoR
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

not only Micky D, across the board. That's only way the US will balance out against rising cost of living. Other than that God help you if you are not educated and have a hard science major. Times are changing. I have an article that addresses how humans deal with change. Will look it up and post it.

Comment

Yes, I see them in almost every retail chain now.

God help you if you are not educated
      Yep, it already not pretty for the uneducated and it is about to get much uglier.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I do not support an increase in the minimum wage.....................................?
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I don't have a strong opposition to it but I believe it's more of a feel good than a solution to people's economic problems and in many cases there are unintended consequences

Comment

It is only great campaign fodder.......
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
              America, Meet McDonald’s Self-Service Kiosks

http://www.buzzfeed.com/venessawong/...ks#.usovOJALoR
              Virtually all McDonald and similar standardized (i.e. mass produced & low quality pre-fabricated food) store ops can be automated or robotized. That can occur TODAY with current tech....and a future rollout of fully robotized food service is INEVITABLE

I'm afraid the robots will cost a fraction of that $15/hour So both employment levels AND wages in that sector WILL COLLAPSE

So the question is: Are we content to continue being the wretched of the earth...as Butlers, maids, trinket sellers, singers, dancers, runners and ball players????

Will we STEM the disaster that awaits us if we don't make the course correction NOW????????
              It doesn't look to me that we will
              Last edited by Don1; November 15, 2015, 02:08 PM.
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
              X