X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Reggae Music

Andrew Tosh feat. Etana - Eye to Eye

https://www.facebook.com/PeterTosh/v...76768/?theater
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

H.L & Brick nuh waan see di Selassie/Rasta ting,it caan sell, too black.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

X, I introduced Andrew Toshs' 'recent' CD called LEGACY an acoustic tribute to Peter Tosh to this forum. This album is outstanding!!

I have one other Andrew tosh album from back in the early 2000's.

Have also seen Andrew Tosh live in concert.

You need to get your facts in order before you post:

I notice quite a few of you on this forum have a bad habit of just spewing crap...just to spew....
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Suh yuh supposrt di Selassie Rasta Ganja ting or just the music ?
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Reggae is Rasta Music?

Comment

Well the argument is this: Reggae is Jamaican music, Rastas are Jamaican and make music, therefore Reggae is Rasta music...

Byron Lee was a closet Rasta!

In fact, in random order, so are/were Desmond Dekker, Sean Paul, Shaggy, Tessanne Chin... de list long ... suh mi stoppin deh suh!
            Peter R

Comment

A lie dem a tell pon Reggae. Good music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT7LSt_B5ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD8KB952qVA
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

The "problem" IMO is that "reggae" don't have MASS appeal "on the ground" ah yaad! maybe I read it wrong, but if the fountain that bring forth the fruit that spawn everything else (dancehall) is neglected or no longer has appeal to the masses, den foreigners will take up the mantle. I might be wrong, but that is how I see it. Evidence? the second link with the Spanish yute and then a big tune last year (?) was Rude etc.

It's not that there is no good reggae, it's just not being made by Jamaicans... Chronixx and a few others notwithstanding, but they're not getting to the Shaggy and Sean-Paul levels.

Which yardie mekking big hits? Omi song is not IMO what I'd call reggae.
                Peter R

Comment

100% agree

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                    BOB Marley in one of his many interviews, contrasted what it meant to be MUSICIAN with folk who just want to hussle the industry.

Chronixx song is nothing new. It is recycled lyrics and riddim.
                    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Still good music no matter how many times recycled. Hotline Bling by Drake is raking in money along with a million others.

Comment

Drakes Hotline Bling was a sample of the 1970's hit ' why can't we live together' by Timmy Thomas.

Comment

Working...
                        X