Tell dem B.C. fly yah too rude!

LoL

Comment

Mi seh:

Run di R.C. fly from wi food

Tell dem B.C. fly yah too rude!

LoL

Comment

Yet another view. see below. There are plenty.

Personally, I don't think Mr. Mahfood cares much about the Jamaican people as much as he cares about his own bottom line. Don't get me wrong, Jamaicans have been treated shabbily and that needs to stop.

The big picture problem is that Caricom trade is a joke. Trinis complain about the number of Jamaicans illegally in the country, but at the same time have no problem with the massive trade imbalance. The least they could (have done) is to provide more open doors to their biggest Caribbean client with respect to employment. The truth is many Jamaicans, (and others) take jobs that many Trinis eschew. many of the working class Trinis work for the massive government employment programme (read "crash programme, JEEP etc.) for four hours a day, get a full days wages and do not seek employment elsewhere... life is good! The slack is taken in other menial jobs by illegal immigrants who work a full day for less than what their Trini counterpart gets...

Anyway, the problem underscores everything that is dysfunctional with the whole Caricom thing. Now that the TT economy is beginning to bottom out, it will be interesting to see how things go.
        http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/c...y-boycott-home
        Peter R

Comment

The estimate of 20,000 Jamaicans living illegally in Trinidad is an embarrassment.
          If true it is indeed an embarassment.

Once again, this is the logical end result of not being able to feed yourself and waiting for crumbs to fall from other peoples tables. They will NEVER give you the respect that you think you deserve. Matters not if the prejudice is based on race, national identity, class or religion.

I support the boycott as a matter of principle but have doubts that it could be sustained for any length of time to make it meanignful.
          Last edited by Islandman; May 4, 2016, 10:42 AM.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

True enough... but the 20,000 should be accommodated in the sense that that would represent a fair exchange in the trade structure; you provide the goods that we buy, and in return provide employment for a certain number, given the massive imbalance in the trade numbers. I thought that was part of what Caricom was about.
            Peter R

Comment

Working...
            X