Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man a pay 1000 a night fi use outside toliet

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014...25330501712450

The article describe how tourism and farming can work.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Good read. I read an article about small farms in upstate New York that are making more from tourism than from produce and livestock.

Blackwell is one of those people who always trying something new even though he doesn't need to.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Now couple that with the right recreational Ganja initiative and Medical tourism knowing that Medical tourism means longer stay.

Last year I went to England and did two stadium tours with my boys and while it was ok, can you imagine if we had a Reggae and culture Museum and a sports Museum somewhere on the north coast. They may as well use Outameni for it since nobody nah buy it or find two room a the conference center.

on the subject of upstate NY yes there are now good wineries and other accommodation for tourism especially up in the upper Hudson Valley and they develop a thriving music scene which includes reggae, and this go with organic farming. Stuff like apple picking etc with a twist are family activities to subsidize the farming.

I would love a chance to help develop this kind of approach to our tourism.
      Last edited by Assasin; May 21, 2016, 10:14 AM.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

There are several farms and wineries within a 20 minutes drive from my house. Sometimes there are long lines to get onto these farms. These farms makes millions from just visitations. At Halloween they would have haunted houses and hay rides and all sorts of activities that pull in hordes of visitors. I've said it here before that Jamaicans have a very narrow view of tourism blessings. and only sell Sun, Sea and Sand. For a country so rich in natural resources we are wasting our blessings.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Sometimes I wonder what the real story is.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

On my way to my St. Ann chalet the other day, I saw some foreigners busy building something. The sign read, "Coming Soon, Jamaica International Reggae Museum, a with a website called reggaemusicmuseum.com. This is about 7 miles from Nine Miles, Bob's birthplace.

I wondered if they were doing it under the auspices of some governmental body, like the JCDC (dat still exist?), Ministry of Culture or Jampro. So, some foreigners can just come set up Jamaica's first and only reggae music museum, so-suh-suh? Where do the proceeds end up?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

that pain my heart so much. We give away everything to rhatid.

Comment

yes in your area there are a lot of them and they make good money too and some brewery with locally made beer.

Comment

Working...
                X