Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mangoes to the UK

http://rjrnewsonline.com/business/ja...-mangoes-to-uk

Why did we stop exporting Mangoes again? Why we can't have some Julie and East Indians in the US again?

If we can't export products that we have wasting, whether in its natural form or as value added, how are we going to grow????
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    http://rjrnewsonline.com/business/ja...-mangoes-to-uk

Why did we stop exporting Mangoes again?
    I think the article explains why.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Maybe Brickie and the forum can confirm.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Maybe Brickie and the forum can confirm.
        Jamaican mangoes were banned from the USA because Jamaican mangoes were known to have a high percentage infested with worms. BTW Has anyone ever seen a Haitian mango with a worm?. I haven't in 40 years. Just interested in other people's experience.

Comment

Seen maybe one or two but the quality is good. What is the reason for worms? Can't we find something to get rid of the worms? I think it is also one of the reason is was banned from the UK too.

Comment

Seen maybe one or two but the quality is good. What is the reason for worms? Can't we find something to get rid of the worms? I think it is also one of the reason is was banned from the UK too.
            I'ts quite easy to get rid of the pest.........
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

you can't leave me hanging like that mi "sciantist" brethren. tell me nuh man

Comment

you need to spary the mangoes man.. nuh Portland you come from you suppose fi grow round mangoes... btw touching your town in a month,.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                  you need to spary the mangoes man.. nuh Portland you come from you suppose fi grow round mangoes... btw touching your town in a month,.
                  ....exactly; fruit flies are the culprit.

Some cultivars of mangoes are more resistant to 'worms'.

Growing mangoes in an orchard-like setting allow for better insect control.

Harvesting from different local sources for export is high risk!
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

OJ, mango only grow wild a Portland. A one man mi see really grow it in a farm for export.

Link me when you touching down this time.

Comment

Working...
                    X