Recycling :

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recycling :

Recycling is very important in the town that I live.

We are issued 3 containers. One for things that are not recycled. ..the other two for recyclables like glass and plastic.

The town also have large area that takes very big or large quantities of recyclable materials.

Special days are assigned for pickup of large items like refrigerators, mattress....etc.etc.

It takes lots of discipline to recycle.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Sounds like you live in Canada. Here in NY we have two garbage containers but anything goes.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      Sounds like you live in Canada. Here in NY we have two garbage containers but anything goes.
      The UK takes it up 2 more notches.

They issue 4 sometimes 5 containers. Household compost must be separated . Eggshells , teabags, banana peel....must be separated.

Fines are issued for non compliance.
      Last edited by HL; July 31, 2016, 11:02 AM.

HL

Comment

Rumour has it only 25% of the sparated stuff actually gets recycled,. ergo the incentiive has to be generating funds via fines leveled against noncompliance citizens.

Comment

Where I live, there is only one garbage bin, You can recycle but you have to pay to take it to the dump. 5 dollars when you drive in.
          In NY where I live,you had to put your recycle bin and if you don't for a few weeks you could be charged.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            Where I live, there is only one garbage bin, You can recycle but you have to pay to take it to the dump. 5 dollars when you drive in.
            In NY where I live,you had to put your recycle bin and if you don't for a few weeks you could be charged.
            Our town has a state of the art recycling center.

http://www.snellville.org/recycling

Enforcement is fairly strict. It takes some getting use to. ...but it is a good thing to do.

HL

Comment

Working...
            X