Deported, denied entry...smh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deported, denied entry...smh

The Government needs to commence discouraging Jamaicans from visiting Trinidad & Tobago and Barbados. At the same time, encourage Jamaicans to cease residing or working in those countries. There is no love for Jamaicans in Barbados and in Trinidad & Tobago. Let us not fool ourselves.

Another issue the Government needs to address is the Jamaican passport, which is now named Caricom passport. If I am likely to be kicked out of Trinidad & Tobago and Barbados, which are Caricom countries, then I should not be compelled by my Government to hold a Caricom passport. If a Caricom passport does not guarantee me entry into a Caricom country, then what on Earth am I doing with a Caricom passport? I am now formally demanding that the Government cease issuing us with Caricom passports and let us revert to using a Jamaican passport.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/colum...ry---smh_73921
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Totally agree.

Comment

Jamaicans are being sent home in staggering numbers. We have a serious problem.

Based on statistics from the security ministry, last Friday we reported that between 2012 and 2016, some 9,425 Jamaicans had been deported from about 17 countries, or an average of 2,336 per year. The United States led the way with 4,153, the UK followed with 1,345 and Canada was third, having sent back 931 Jamaicans.

The other countries accounting for the remainder of 2,954 deportees were: The Bahamas, Trinidad and Tobago, Curacao, Mexico, Germany, Cayman, Colombia, Grenada, Panama, St Lucia, Switzerland, St Maarten, Aruba, and Antigua and Barbuda.
      http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/edito...ortation_73945
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
      X