RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McDonalds need to pay $15 dollar an hour you say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDonalds need to pay $15 dollar an hour you say?

Alright then:

McDonald's is adding automated kiosks to all of their restaurants in place of some employees and many are attributing this to the fight for $15 per hour minimum wage
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkJ17zG6Wg4

Now what? Boycott or bun down the McDonalds that use these kiosks?

Don1, I tell you this transformation is not going to be pretty.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
    Alright then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkJ17zG6Wg4

Now what? Boycott or bun down the McDonalds that use these kiosks?

Don1, I tell you this transformation is not going to be pretty.
    Yep fast food service is very easy to automate...This was 1000% predictable..Which was how & why I predicted some time ago that it would come to pass.

If yuh cyaan beat di robot dem...jine dem mi seh!
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

So according to the guy yappin...customers will punch in their order on a screen then "workers" in the kitchen will get notification as to where the customer is located...then walk the order over to the plastic food eater

Those workers are needed only because the stores are not (yet) fitted with guideways for the order to be delivered directly to the customer. Those jobs will soon be extinguished

The only job really needed in such an operation is someone to maintain the machines...That may not even be a full time job dedicated to a particular store

Ok...so when we speak of getting our people ready for the 21st Century...do people actually get the EXTREME URGENCY of it??????????????????

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Yep, Eventually it will be a McDonalds Nerd squad going from store to store to maintain the machines.

Might need a "supervisor" to open and lock up the store, and two teenagers to keep the burgers and fries assembly line going. 3-4 people per store total should do it.

Lets see how President Trump plans to save these jobs. Give McDonalds a tax break in exchange for a promise to not automate perhaps?
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post

Lets see how President Trump plans to save these jobs. Give McDonalds a tax break in exchange for a promise to not automate perhaps?
          Well he could always buy a few franchises...and keep the workforce...human

Lead by example

Comment

Don't worry Trump shall bring back those jobs!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

There is something about being served "cooked" food by a machine that doesn't sit right with me. But that's just me; I don't eat fast food, and I like a little conversation with my server, especially if he/she is a pleasant young man or lady (I don't think I'm sexist, ageist maybe ).

And then how do you complain to the robot? you push a button if your burger is underdone?

Interesting times!
              Peter R

Comment

I suspect that there will always be a place for that type of personalized service, for those who are willing and able to pay for the additional service charge.

Comment

Well banking has become so automated now too. Go to your local branch and you're seeing less tellers and more machines inside the banking halls.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I tell you. When we were in school a local branch had about 20-25 employees.

These days a typical branch don't need more than with five or six people, and they are all functioning as part time marketing staff who are constantly trying to get you to open a credit card or line of credit.

Comment

Working...
                    X