So another grammy award goes to anybody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So another grammy award goes to anybody

with the last name Marley. I wonder if Ziggy would have won one better yet ... eight awards if his name was Ziggy Smith or Ziggy Miller?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Uncomfortable conversation for many. I was not even aware of Ziggys album. Truth be told what would you recommend it might be the best of a bad bunch.i thought Assasin tried but the album did not connect.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
      Uncomfortable conversation for many. I was not even aware of Ziggys album. Truth be told what would you recommend it might be the best of a bad bunch.i thought Assasin tried but the album did not connect.
      OJ, Sly and Robbie album is better. I would have had NOOOO problem with J Boog winning ...furthermore ... why wasn't Freddy McGregor nominated? His album is better than Ziggy. I guess with his last name and his wife being on the Grammy board .... he will win by putting out a silent album.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

he seems to have won a grammy in a category other than reggae

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Best Musical Album for Children.

I like that album. My daughter learnt Hold Him Joe and other Caribbean songs from it .
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

i would want to think that has nothing to do with the marley name

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              i would want to think that has nothing to do with the marley name
              I am taking about the reggae category Gamma! It is happening way too often where a Marley wins the award ahead of better albums. Joke ting.

Comment

Well as Roger Steffens has said, if Jamaican artistes want to have influence over the Reggae Grammy selection they should become members of the Recording Academy and get a vote. Otherwise just accept that name recognition among Academy members will continue to determine who wins.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                  Well as Roger Steffens has said, if Jamaican artistes want to have influence over the Reggae Grammy selection they should become members of the Recording Academy and get a vote. Otherwise just accept that name recognition among Academy members will continue to determine who wins.
                  Yeah ... let's see how many of them can get their spouses on the voting panel.

Comment

Well if they are not even trying to be voting members they surely won't.

Easier to do nothing and complain i suppose.

Comment

Working...
                    X