12 years ago today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 years ago today...

...I left the security of a good job--to start a business.

Maybe one of the best decisions I have made.

It is far from being easy, but the overall advantages are the payoff.

I encourage those of you who can afford to take the risk.... to do so.

There is no better investment than in one-self .
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Congrats on the milestone HL. Wealth building is not an easy thing for those people who have to start from "scratch". Lots of sacrifices and nothing is guaranteed.

Wishing you even greater success in the next 12!
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Congrats! Wishing you continued success!!
      Peter R

Comment

A 12 year already?

Congrats man.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Congrats HL, you are an inspiration. Hope one day you reach the point of starting a corp then go public (link mi fuss though, mi waan buy before it go pon di market Seriously though; that's an achievement, keep it up boss.

Comment

Good for you. Congrats!!!.......A LOT of work & responsibility, BUT nothing like owning your own business.

Comment

Happy anniversary.

Comment

Nice going. Looking forward to seeing you on Undercover Boss.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Continued success HL. Many talk about it but you are living it. By doing what you are doing you are already successful. Good to know Marcus' words were not and could never be in vain. Congratulations.

Comment

Rudi: I think of Marcus Garvey quite frequently--especially his economic achievements. The one that impacts me the most is his acquisition of a shipping company........................................... ............!

When you consider the time that Garvey accomplished this...it makes it more poignant..............

There is no Black person (that I know of) who owns a commercial fleet of ships. Maybe I need to research this some more.

Thanks all for the felicitations.

The future hope is to continue for 1 or 2 more years--then sell lock, stock and barrel.

Need to start taking it easy.
                    Last edited by HL; February 21, 2017, 02:17 PM.

HL

Comment

Congrats HL, I know, self-employment is no easy task. The good times are sweet, but the true test comes during the harshest times. Gwaan trod along.
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Thank Jangle...

Same to you and USAF who 'trodding' along also.

Thanks all

HL

Comment

There is a Nigerian oil mogul (oligarch?) who also owns or owned a fleet of ships. That's the only one that I can think of.

That Garvey did it when and where he did is truly remarkable.
                          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

What bad times? HL just pass it on to the secretary. LOL!!!

You work is concrete man, respect
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                              ...I left the security of a good job--to start a business.

Maybe one of the best decisions I have made.

It is far from being easy, but the overall advantages are the payoff.

I encourage those of you who can afford to take the risk.... to do so.

There is no better investment than in one-self .
                              Noice!
                              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                              X