Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOJ working to make savings more attractive in J$ than US$

BOJ working to make savings more attractive in J$ than US$

The BOJ adjustment means that individuals seeking to hedge against the sliding local currency by saving in foreign currencies will — effective march 2017 — no longer see the returns they were once offered by the banks on deposits prior to October last year

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...than-US-_90322
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

These are the small indicators which suggests that something positive is happening in the JA economy. Five in four is definitely attainable.

A lot of the heavy lifting was done by the previous administration, and we have seen a change in government that has resulted in very little change in macroeconomic policy. That is a surprising and welcome development which JA is not used to seeing.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Haffi stabilize the J$ first otherwise is at best a zero sum game.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Lan time me a tell them. Them a talk bout will find "value". The fact is that you had season speculators and companies like the Trinis who bought the US dollars as it was tighter in Trinidad.

No action taken and the dollar continue to slide. Big up to the effort made since late last year to make the dollar stable. I-man it also show one reason why people were saving in US, as it mean't higher interest and a stable dollar.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
        X