• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future of work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxD4F3MQRDI

Wall Street aguh bathe....hehe
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

That interview with Cuban is well worth the 20 minutes to watch. Its the type of objective, well thought out analysis of Trumponomics that I think is sorely missing as people get caught up in the politics and emotions of who he is, how he won and what he represents. If the anti-Christ, doomsday scenarios that they are certain will happen don't play out they will have a hard time explaining why.

Not much there that I disagree with at all. Perhaps only that while I agree that many lower level tech jobs (your basic programmer, etc) are also at risk, I think there will still be a strong demand for people who understand technology and how to implement it. He may well be right though that some of the best suited people for that task may be creative thinkers first and techies second.

This is why I strongly support a "soft skills" component to STEM education/curricula. The youth need to know how to present ideas, explain concepts in simple terms, sell themselves, etc and skills like that often don't come naturally to people who are technically inclined. I know I have had to work at it, and still do.
      Last edited by Islandman; February 23, 2017, 10:59 AM.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

ohh please Island , What cuban uttered is commonsense,havent I been posting same,every body sees it ,the law of unintended circumstances.Cuban isnt the 1st to say coal/manufacturing jobs arent coming back ,its been said for years .

Cuban is basically saying what everyone knows,the stock market will do well,and Trumps chaos of managing (not using the google search engine) will come back to bite him in the ass.

I gave you

* Immigration loss having an effect on produce ,construction ,travel & tourism (to and from) that affects the airplane ,hotel and food industry .Real estate.I watch the market overseas buyers are hesistant to buy because of his immigration policies ,my eye is keenly on south florida and NY.The real estate market is nervous ! He already put a tax on buyers and is attacking forgein investors and immigrants who make up a large % of the market,in other words to put it mildly people are anxious about buying !

The infrastructure bill ,will be the nail in his coffin,its the only thing that can save his base that jobs are coming back, but guess what ,90 % of the projects that need work are in democratic bases i.e the urban cities.Repugs are going to fight over pork barrell projects for their redkneck districts i.e coal country and i see them killing it because of the crab inna barrel mentality that the budget needs to be cut and your district should not get anything over mine.

Trumps economy will benefit wall street- i.e automated ,hi tech -jobs not coming back .

How does your stock look ..hehe 1 term president mi say,I havent even touched the fight by the redknecks-repug base tea party to protect ACA

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Ahh...no. Your position was that the US economy and business will suffer under Trump because jobs won't get created, Mexican deportation will mean crops are going to rot in the field and people will not be able to afford food, and US tourism will take big hit because nobody will want to travel. Perhaps you have now changed your mind from this apocalyptic scenario.

Cuban says none of those things. In fact he suggests (as I have) that big business will likely do well under Trump if there are the predicted cuts in taxes and regulation. The idea that rich people in Latin America will stop buying real estate in Florida or not travel to the US because Trump banned some Muslim countries seems far-fetched to me.

If the Democrats do like you and sit back waiting for a collapse that they believe is bound to happen they might not see power again for a while. They better get busy and try and come up with a message that resonates. Right now they have none except that Trump is the devil.
          Last edited by Islandman; February 23, 2017, 11:47 AM.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

THIS IS NOT A JOKE OR A GAME ....Black people' corna (i.e. future) MUCH darker dan even THE HORROR SHOW we're in yahnow. And while we spend our time mostly yappin & playing useless Babylon TV-watchin, politician-followin games

We're looking at a NEW AGE SLAVERY when the machines get into full gear and accelerate gobbling up the jobs we proliferate in. When that happens most of us will be powerless, jobless...and 10000% at the mercy of the state or big business handouts..

When you're at the mercy of hostile forces...you're ABUSED & MANIPULATED

As I've been warning here for ~A DECADE ....THIS IS REAL...NOT A DRILL OR A JOKE
            Last edited by Don1; February 23, 2017, 11:47 AM.
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Well, who needs work, as long as we get we get our guaranteed basic income (ie crumbs) from massa we criss.

Nuff nyammings and jammings!

Comment

My position is Wall Street will do well, until the ramifications of the president actions kick in ,that what you call big business ( wall Street)? That's what I do ! Where did I say jobs won't get created,I said his actions will result in the law of unintended circumstances,like Cuban explained ,Jobs will come back in the way of high tech automated process which will basically reduce labor intensive manufacturing jobs .

Cuban touched on it in a sense when he says the president doesn't do his research before he acts,I will excuse Cuban for not jumping into it in detail as I have,expect him to make a comment in the 1st,2nd3rd or 4th quarter at least by the end of the year.

Comment

But this displacement has been happening for a while and it hasn't affected profits of big business, and in fact it has boosted them.What is different now is the rate and scale at which it is happening. That doesn't mean it will necessarily end badly, but it is something that informed people are paying attention to and preparing for. There will be big winners and big losers, that much is sure.

Neither side of the political fence has even attempted to debate this issue in any meaningful way. Raising the minimum wage is hardly a solution to a robot taking your job.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                    Well, who needs work, as long as we get we get our guaranteed basic income (ie crumbs) from massa we criss.

Nuff nyammings and jammings!
                    I guess you're right

After all...Babylon has a conscience. They won't allow ALL of us to starve to death . We'll be useful as entertainers and "quaint" human servants...to remind Massa of the "old days"
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

this is Key

"This is why I strongly support a "soft skills" component to STEM education/curricula. The youth need to know how to present ideas, explain concepts in simple terms, sell themselves, etc and skills like that often don't come naturally to people who are technically inclined. I know I have had to work at it, and still do."
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You have to understand big business depend on the spending power of deported Mexican, the Arab refugees and all who are afraid.

People stop sending their kids to school. I doubt US will get the next olympics and other countries are now looking away from the US and will buy stuff other places.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

No president deported more people than Obama, do you know that?. Not to mention that studies are showing that there have been more Mexicans leaving the US than entering over the last decade or so. I haven't seen big business struggling as a result.

Don't believe the hype. This belief that Trump is going to deport everyone is way overblown, it is not LOGISTICALLY POSSIBLE to do that over any short to medium period of time, not to mention the cost. He is just playing to the gallery and feeding a story for his cult following to cheer about.
                          Last edited by Islandman; February 23, 2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

It is simple. The fear and the botch execution of the Muslim ban tell you a lot and drive people in fear. The difference with Trump immigration policy is that it has caused fear with anyone with a green card or illegal, not just criminal as with Obama.

Comment

Islan yuh seem to live in an alternate reality as if Trump isnt proposing to take it to another level "military operation "

Perception is a hell of a thing and it has consequences or unintended results.Its as if you dont factor them in when you make your statements,True Obama had the most deportations,it took 2 terms for him to do that,any idea how long its going to take Trump to surpass that and the residual effects of this ?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...utm_medium=RSS

Comment

Working...
                              X