X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give us Barabbas.

..and keep Lisa.

http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/mobile/...Kartel-s-music

Where does one draw the line ,such slavish worshiping resulted a few members of his inner circle going with him to prison.
    His army of defenders' tone seems temperamental and misogynistic, even though The subject is the heinous crimes being committed against women by men in our country.

I agree totally Rockman, what a sad thing to see the adoration that our people have for this man.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Well, I see no reason to censor him. What if this is a part of how he is being rehabilitated? Don't know .. just asking. He is currently doing time for his crime, so it is not like he is not being punished. If prisoners can write books and poems, why silence him? It simple, if we don't want to hear his music, don't listen to it. MAny of who I see crying crocodile tears on FB used to fall over whenever they heard Jah Cure's "Behind These Prison Walls" where were the 'tears' then?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

You are missing the more important point, which is that the "fans" of this convicted murderer are issuing death threats and other forms of abuse to the woman simply because she has an opposing view about what rights he should have.

That is beyond pathetic and shows how low we have sunk. We have no moral compass anymore it seems.

We are a "hignorant" set a people fe real. Sad!!
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
          You are missing the more important point, which is that the "fans" of this convicted murderer are issuing death threats and other forms of abuse to the woman simply because she has an opposing view about what rights he should have.

That is beyond pathetic and shows how low we have sunk. We have no moral compass anymore it seems.
          I've gone pass that I-Man. No one can condone that. As a matter of fact that proves what is wrong with the Jamaican society. People getting upset when others don't agree with their position, instead of debating it ... or agreeing to disagree.

Seeing that the Broadcast Commission was contacted to find out if certain artist could be banned from the airwaves I was of the impression that was the more important issue.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I think its a difficult issue and there are reasonable arguments that can be made on both sides.

My personal view is that he should not be "silenced", as in not be allowed to record or write music for others, but his music probably shouldn't be played on public radio especially if they have a violent theme to them. People can and will get them elsewhere if they really want to.

That aside, its past time that someone in Jamaica get arrested for making threats on social media. It is out of hand.

Comment

Working...
            X