X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gwaan Bartlett!!!!!

Kingston's newest hotel almost complete

Sunday, March 19, 2017 | 9:44 AM

KINGSTON, Jamaica — Kingston’s new newest hotel the ‘R’ is in its final stages of construction and is on track for opening late summer 2017.

The announcement came at a topping out reception for the hotel last week on the building’s top floor. Located on Renfrew Road in the New Kingston business district, the boutique Business Extended Stay Hotel, which goes up eight floors, is the result of a partnership between noted Architect Evan Williams and prominent Investor Joseph Bogdanovich.

“Thankfully, the need for more hotel rooms is gradually being met with your 32 high end rooms and 8 two-bedroom apartments being added to the room stock. We recently had the Courtyard by Marriott in New Kingston adding some 129 rooms; the soon-to be reopened former Wyndham New Kingston will bring back some 303 rooms; and Sandals Resorts International’s (SRI) 220-room AC Hotel by Marriott is slated to open for business winter 2019,” Tourism Minister Edmund Bartlett said, while delivering keynote remarks.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Quite an expansion and upgrade of Kingston hotel stock in recent years. It's notable that this one is by a group other than Hendrickson.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
      Quite an expansion and upgrade of Kingston hotel stock in recent years. It's notable that this one is by a group other than Hendrickson.
      Yes... the biz confidence level is and has been for a likkle while, rising significantly

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
        Courtyard by Marriott is the only hotels i stay when I am traveling. Don't have plans for the Kingston branch since I almost never go there .

Good for Kingston.....good for Jamaica!
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I have stayed at the one in New Kingston. Quite nice, good service and location but quite a bit more expensive than a typical Courtyard would be. Closer to what a JW Marriott might charge.

Fortunately I often travel with friends who have Marriott contacts and so get a discounted rate.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

No more hotels for me B&B in a gated community ,cheaper ,more room= better,i got one in new kingston for 90 bucks a night,2 bedroom and bath, with dinning,kitchen,living room, each bedroom had its own bathroom.

https://www.bedandbreakfast.com/kingston-jamaica.html

http://www.booking.com/searchresults...lter=hoteltype
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

That sounds like a good option. Might not work out for me because I am usually either traveling solo and staying with family, or in a large group of 9-10 including foreigners.

Comment

Kingston have potential for both. Will need a few more hotels if we intend to grow tourism there.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

i hear him launching a new initiative in my neighborhood this weekend .... ie the launch is in my neighbourhood

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                    i hear him launching a new initiative in my neighborhood this weekend .... ie the launch is in my neighbourhood
                    Gwaan launch initiative Bartlett!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X