Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do not support a livable wage, and people still gonna vote

for her?

When asked about her position on minimum wage, Handel, a Republican, responded: "This is an example of a fundamental difference between a liberal and a conservative. I do not support a livable wage."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/07/politi...age/index.html
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

i.e. some people fi dead!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      i.e. some people fi dead!
      Oh yeah! There is a colleague who refer to himself as a conservative and after hearing him try to defend their position on healthcare I told him that it is clear that they do not care about the people. I think you said it more clearly than I did.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Horrible soundbite for her, great opportunity for him.

What she meant if you listen to the whole clip is that simply raising the minimum wage doesn't result in a better long term wages. I happen to agree with that argument but its not one that wins elections.

https://youtu.be/kPkY-dhuI7w

If the Democrats can't win this one after this then they are becoming as hopeless as the Labor party in the UK celebrating today that they came second for the third election in a row.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Democrats cant get their messaging in,Trump steps on everyone with his drama queen theratics,repugs included.

The best the dems can do is hope that Trump turns it up.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Well, that is a sad place to be.

Not sure if I agree though, what the Democrats are lacking right now is a fresh and appealing messenger, ie a prospective 2020 candidate. Lets hope someone steps up by next year or they will be stuck in Bernie-ville and Warren-land.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

The Republican's struggle to get their messaging of affordable care act reform,tax and infrastructure,why wouldnt the democrats messaging struggle ?

Trump is a different beast that will take time to figure out how to deal with.At this juncture the best thing the Dems can do is watch and cher as he impales himself and his backers and handlers.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The Republicans struggle because they twist themselves in knots not wanting to criticize Trump and offend his base, and at the same time not wanting to tie themselves to him.

Democrats don't have that burden.

Comment

Are you saying the democrats dont criticize, the question for the dems is selling the alternate message,people arent hearing it because the beast is creating so much chaos,everybody is transfixed on the impending horror.

Comment

LOL. Well lets hope they snap out of it by next summer.

Comment

LOL or the beast is still raging.

Comment

Despite this sound bite the wutless Democrats are about to lose again. They continue to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Comment

Do you LIVE in the United States of America???.......Have you ever had a conversation, about anything IMPORTANT, with the "average" American???

= The VAST MAJORITY of people are STUPID.

Comment

Well That's true of voters almost anywhere and they didn't get "stupid" (I would say it's more ignorant than stupid really) in the last 8 years.

Democrats seem to have lost their way of connecting with voters outside their base, that's why they have lost about 1000 seats at state and national levels since 2010. Sad to say that is one of Obamas legacys.

They better find a new messenger quick or we might be looking at Republican dominance for a while, with the clown-child Trump running the show. You think Dems can win back the Senate next year?
                            Last edited by Islandman; June 21, 2017, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                              Despite this sound bite the wutless Democrats are about to lose again. They continue to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Islandman, I agree that a win is a win, but one has to factor the reality that the 4 special elections occurred in deep republican territory. Once Osoff didn't win when there were 4 GOP candidates it was over for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X