Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mango farming

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/obser...0?profile=1606

Can we use technology to make the mangoes blossom and grow 3 times a year? That would lead to productivity.

This man export Stringy mango. Some farmers needs to take a lesson from this man.

Nice story.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

this story doesn't add up...how is he exporting mangoes & we don't have a hot vapour treatment plant or irradiation plant in jamaica?

Comment

maybe you want to ask him. The man seems to know what he is doing. running 20 acres you have have some way of selling it.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Love this story.. would love to have a farm with most of the mango varieties..As a matter of fact one of my bigger Is into budding mangoes and I tried to get an Alphonso from a colleague in India but was told they could not bring the seed out of the country. One fault I had with the article is what does he mean when he says he don't know when neaseberry gonna ripe. You don't need to ripe neaseberry on the tree.

Comment

Neaseberry will not ripen if harvested at the wrong stage of maturity.

For example, Neaseberry will remain hard or have uneven ripening if immature.

I think I understand the point he is making.

I have purchased Neaseberry at out farmers market and noticed the same result.

This could be a good area for local research.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

yeah I understand too. Sometimes you can tell by the maturity of the fruit but most of the time you have to actually feel it on the stem. A friend of my family was the head of Scientific research council and I think these are the things that they and the universities and Agro schools can work on to get more productivity.

Comment

Joke thing that . You can tell a full (mature neaseberry.I use to pick and wash neaseberry.

Comment

Working...
              X