Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure on the democratic dictatorship: Stop dictating

ACT !

But the report said a lack of willing witnesses and inefficiencies in the judiciary "continued to plague the justice system", adding that trials continued to languish. In regards to corruption, it noted that the law provides criminal penalties for corruption by officials, but the government did not implement and enforce the law effectively, and officials reportedly engaged in corrupt practices with impunity.

“Because of the government's weak efforts to prosecute officials' alleged corrupt practices, corruption remained a significant systemic problem of public concern,” the report said.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...m?profile=1228
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

We will never be able to seriously reduce crime and violence in Jamaica unless there is consensus across the society on how Jamaica can be governed in the interest of all Jamaicans, especially the historically disadvantaged.

- Peter Espeut is a sociologist. Email feedback to columns@gleanerjm.com.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/c...ensus-no-peace

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

This stood out in Espeut article to me :

The flash point was injustice in the courts. Protests in Morant Bay led to violence, and the colonial state responded with a level of state terror reminiscent of slavery. Soldiers killed 439 black Jamaicans directly and arrested 354 more who were later executed, many without proper trials.

So from 1830 what has changed, as I have stated my diagnosis of our problems is that our system of corrupt governance is written in our constitution.The laws to rectify it are weak to non existent.We see the problem, can speak on it , identify it , spell out a plan ,but nothing is forthcoming as Don said "yappers" why is it so , well as the article states it benefits a few , as i told my brethren Gamma our system isnt palpable to the poorer class needs.

I have seen where human rights org (Gomes) have seen this as away to advance her "agenda".Rightly so ! Until we have constitutional reform in our governace that includes and isnt limited to "politics and the judiciary" Jamaica isnt going anywhere soon or fast.

The light in the tunnel is Kingston becoming a tourist and transshipment hub,this will ultimately lead to the gentrification of kingston, meaning that forgeiners captivated with the magic of kingston will invest in its environs, rockfort will once again be the "Bouremouth gardens " .The agenda will have its parade .I see it coming .

Kingston will be mentioned in the same breath as NY,St Louis, Cocacabana,London,Amersterdam,Sao Paulo.

We have too much to offer.

Comment

Working...
      X