Leading the revival of Jamaican reggae

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leading the revival of Jamaican reggae

Chris Blackwell is absolutely correct. I have not heard a better wordsmith in reggae music in a generation.

Chris Blackwell, the founder of Island Records and credited with helping Bob Marley reach international acclaim, signed Chronixx to his Blue Mountain Music company. “What got to me was his phrasing, how he sang and also his sense of timing,” he said, “which are two things you can’t really learn. You’re gifted with that.”
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/0...an-reggae.html
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Mi nuh rate Chronixx as no savior or revialist .Mi rate diss

https://www.etsy.com/listing/192026453/abs-3-color-tee

http://www.alphaboysschoolradio.com/on-air.html

http://www.alphaboysschoolradio.com/shop.html
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

That is fine and worth supporting but that channel alone can't bring Jamaican music to new markets or revive old and important markets in places like Japan where reggae is popular but Jamaican artistes are not anymore

You need artistes and producers who know how to create and publish reggae music that can appeal to fans across musical genres. Chronology does that, it sounds like the Catch a Fire album of this generation.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Bob never catch a fire until after his death in Jamaica in fact he was accepted by the gentiles before he was accepted by his own,while the musical law of Alpha burnt upto the corrupted computerized 80s.

To understand the influence and route to that law,look at the youths of the time and the promotion.I am convinced if we promote it like we did in the past to the youths,stage shows, bbqs,dancehall,jazz concerts,etc it will take on new life in the computerized cultures.These youths at Alpha will blow those horns for free- the exposure! why and how we cant promote that.

That would be the revival !
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

People always say that about Bob but it's not totally true. The Wailers had many hits in JA in the 60s and their music was popular in the dancehall.

But I agree with you on Alpha. I have a hard time understanding why they struggle so much having produced so many quality artistes.
          Last edited by Islandman; July 10, 2017, 07:26 PM.

Comment

the new album is trash...hot garbage

Comment

catch a wah? i think you're just homesick

Comment

We nuh want nuh waste guy a critique me song!

Best album out of Jamaica in a decade if not longer than that.

Comment

Potential Kid a go tek de Grammy this year. nuh true Bricky.

Comment

A yahso nice!!

Comment

go listen to the album and let us hear your opinion...nothing on there even close to the dread & terrible EP...

Comment

Will do.

Comment

Dread and Terrible is a harder/edgier collection of tunes, this album is geared towards a wider audience. The production quality of Chronology is impressive as well and I understand it is almost totally self-produced.

Comment

we can tell it's self produced...he split from his main producer teflon...it shows on this album...his debut album...which is overshadowed by an EP he did 3 years ago...

Comment

For the 10% of his fans who demand a hard core reggae album , perhaps that is so.

For the other 90% and the new audiences who will be introduced to his music, it will be well received.

For me this album shows his versatility as a musician and potential wider appeal. The music is more adventurous and his writing skills are more apparent. Perhaps Teflon wasn't into that which is understandable.

Comment

Working...
                              X