X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock: Your boy Adams?🙄

https://youtu.be/Tj1g-LGmcro
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Muta :Trinity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXZdWcpukOY

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Shields:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX_6p6GBc0c

Comment

Well, 20 years later, it seems the political will has finally been found to force the force to reform. After a series of revolving-door police commissioners, with no one in sight to fill the current vacancy and crime spiralling out of control, the political directorate seems to be ready to take on the task of cleaning the Augean stables.

According to Harriott, the JCF is more than 150 years old - a colonial institution, the primary function of which was to maintain order and control using paramilitary tactics. Despite its stated motto, 'To serve, protect and reassure', it does not function as an organisation geared towards servicing or serving the public.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/c...-crime-control

Comment

Rock yuh quiet , from what I hear we have an atiquated colonial penal system , for clarification this covers police,prisons to judiciary that is the cause of our rise crime ,compounded on all that is corruption within the force.

Tell yuh long time the police isnt the problem, its the shitstem and to prove it Trinity makes a contradictory statement when he says extreme situations call for extreme measures and then argues he is not for extrajudicail killings, how fine a line that the Susu as Muta puts it, deprives citizens of human rights ,so why would anyone expect not to deprive killers of their lives extra judicially, the residual effects will be the innocent being killed and peace officers going rogue.

This is where we are, whats most damming to me, is they know the solutions have put them forth in writing and aired them publicly,Sheilds and Trinity to me have put forth credible solutions, i.e quality of Life fine$, in the case of Trinity have called for the commisioner to have the power to retire corrupt cops, in the public interest and put more men on the streets including commanders.

I like Shields presentation on quality of life as a means to curb crime i.e fines for litering etc, as I have said a million times its a billion dollar business, Do we need the feds for this ?
          Last edited by Sir X; February 7, 2018, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Why am I quiet?
            I am still seething from that wavy path you took me on this very subject matter only to find out we are in agreement.

There is something the govt can do to curb crime(in the interim), it can make a case to youngsters(before they exponentially are recruited) why gangsterism is beneath them, as it seemingly ponders solution to an aged old problem. Fine, the solution continues to elude it but clearly it never tried anything new.

Just to avoid the ardent defenders of the JLP, I want them to know ,as far as I am concerned,the PNP and the JLP are indistinguishable..
            Last edited by Rockman; February 7, 2018, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Why interim and not continuum,Holness can call a national state of emergency and implement all the recommendations,put the numbers on the streets,ticket the whole place,****ing,spitting,littering,parking in the sidewalk,from uptown to down town,broken sidewalks,that's millions of dollars.

It's amazing to me they have the solutions but sit on it and ask the security forces to partake in human rights violations ,blame them for the chaos and double down on tried and proven failures.

As racist as Guiliana was,it worked in NY,take away the masses incarcerations of people of color in the 90s it worked,NY went on a gentrification boom.Crack Harlem is now affluent in niche hoods.

Or we can fail again and come up with another antiquated solution with a slick name,how about operation Rock- X ?
              Last edited by Sir X; February 8, 2018, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X